The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

2G F5M33 [differential/transmission] help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2GEcpliseluvr

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 18, 2006
Grover Beach, California
I recently destroyed my differential side gears, carrier, and manual trans speed sensor.
It punched 2 nickle size holes in the bellhousing, I had the bellhousing die checked, jet cleaned and solvent scrubbed, then the holes welded closed.

Now I'm trying to find a stock 97 GST differential, and am not having any luck, do the differentials out the 1st gens fit in my 2g case?

Is there another car that I might be able to pull the diff from?
Do any other cars come with a F5M33 trans that I could use the diff out of?

The closest thing i found to a F5M33 was a F5M22 in a Galant, could I pull the diff from that? Or does any one know of a place online that sells the OEM diff. I would much rather go with a Quafe or Kazz, but I don't have the money :cry: so the OEM w/ phantom is my only option vs pegleggin it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mitsubishi Graveyard

1gen will fit
I know the w5m33 will work.
Do you just need the spider gears? I have two pair of them.

Thanks i know i can find a couple 1st gens around here, and i wish it would of only been the side gears, the two teeth that broke off also fouled up the (i belive its called) "speedsensor gear" on the carrier beyond repair, along with the gear on the end of the sensor.:notgood:

Thank you for the replies.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back