The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G F5M22 30 or 36 tooth 3/4 synchros any way to tell?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I really don`t know the answer to your question but I`m thinking logically you have to open the trans . I`m not trying to be a smart ass but only Superman can see through with his x-ray vision...
I did find this link that give a bit of info on your F5M22 -1
F5M22 KM303 TRANSMISSION REBUILD KIT with SYNCHRO RINGS FITS '89-'96 MITSUBISHI PLYMOUTH EAGLE & HYUNDAI (BK358AWS) - Transmission Parts Distributors
I read on that site that the F5M22 has 30 teeth ....but don`t rely on what I say cause I`m just learning about these cars thanks to this most amazing site ..

Do you have to be a member to use ASA Paul? I've been meaning to ask.

Thank you Brian, I will save that. :thumb:

What is the exact build month and year on your door VIN plate? ASA software will not be able to look up your VIN because it is Mitsubishi software and you have an Eagle Talon N/T. I know, it's dumb, but that's how it goes. Knowing the month and year, not just a generalized year, will make it much faster to look up the proper parts.

But for me looking at the 1G NT and looking at the part numbers, it uses the small diameter synchros for all 1990-1992 1g NT F5M22 transmissions, as well as the 2-hole 3/4 shift fork as an indicator.

What is the exact build month and year on your door VIN plate? ASA software will not be able to look up your VIN because it is Mitsubishi software and you have an Eagle Talon N/T. I know, it's dumb, but that's how it goes. Knowing the month and year, not just a generalized year, will make it much faster to look up the proper parts.

But for me looking at the 1G NT and looking at the part numbers, it uses the small diameter synchros for all 1990-1992 1g NT F5M22 transmissions, as well as the 2-hole 3/4 shift fork as an indicator.
the build date is May 1992.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back