The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

F- UPS (little vent)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KGB Pilot125

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 20, 2002
Centennial, Colorado
Ordered some stuff from SBR back on the 13-14 and still havnt gotten it all thanks to UPS's great service

it sat from the 20th till today in commerce city due to adverse weather then it went from commerce to englewood and sat all day there due to adverse weather. whats strange is I have recieved a shit load of UPS at work and at home (birthday was the 27th) and my sister even got some stuff the day after the big storm. I HATE BROWN

ENGLEWOOD,
CO, US 12/28/2006 8:00 A.M. ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS CAUSED THIS DELAY
12/28/2006 1:02 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
COMMERCE CITY,
CO, US 12/28/2006 12:28 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
COMMERCE CITY,
CO, US 12/23/2006 6:33 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
COMMERCE CITY,
CO, US 12/20/2006 12:30 A.M. ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS CAUSED THIS DELAY
HODGKINS,
IL, US 12/19/2006 4:15 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
12/19/2006 11:55 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
NEW STANTON,
PA, US 12/19/2006 4:04 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
12/19/2006 12:19 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
INDIANA,
PA, US 12/18/2006 11:23 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
12/18/2006 8:08 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 12/18/2006 4:42 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Can't say I have ever had an issue with UPS, always been quick for me, sorry about your luck I guess.

That is exactly why I'm waiting until after the 1st of the year to order my Volks. I don't want them lost in the hustle and bustle of the holiday madness!

That is exactly why I'm waiting until after the 1st of the year to order my Volks. I don't want them lost in the hustle and bustle of the holiday madness!

Almost explained perfectly. With the large amounts of x-mas shipments, UPS clearly states on all paperwork, and Im sure their website also, that any shipment made after Dec 10 can take up to 5 weeks for delivery. Average time is 3 weeks but it can get worse. Dont hate brown, hate all the old or lazy people that overload the trucks with presents that they can give personally.

Commercial or business shipments are separate from home delivery so dont even compare it to your work shipments.

The lady that lives next door to me came over the other day and was snooping around the house. I asked her what she was doing and she said that UPS tracking claimed her package was delivered, but she never got it. They told her sometimes they hide packages around the outside of the home they deliver to, along with some other BS, and for her to check with her neighbors.

She was pretty P.O.'d, she said it was $1500 worth of diamond Tiffany jewelry in the package.

I've never personally had any problems with them though.

UPS is by far the best shipping service in the country if you ask me. At our office we would get nothing done daily without UPS and we've only had to file one $12 claim for a lost package in 2 years.

She was pretty P.O.'d, she said it was $1500 worth of diamond Tiffany jewelry in the package.

Ive always had to sign for packages over a certain amount. Thought I know not always the case. You'd think she would have done that.

Im sorry to hear about your dillema. Its always fustrating when things happen that are out of your control.
-Chad

some of you t00ners luck....just plain sucks. Honselty i love ups. they are awesome. I will order things on standard ground shipping and get things from across the county in like 3 days . And for the guranteed 3 day shipping option i always get it the next day. I mean "what can brown do for you" is now bascially my slogan. :thumb: I also am starting to order practically everthing I buy online now thanks to them as well. I just don't see how anyone could have a problem with them. Maybe in different cities dem ups boys just dont give a #### or something.

Lets not forget you live in Colorado either, the storm has had a big effect on ground shipping things in that area I'm sure.

I work for UPS, and i have to tell you that it hasnt been easy man. Right now we have almost quadrupaled(not sure if thats corrent) our flow and its crazy in there. I personally have done business with UPS and have always been there whenever, its just a bad time of the year for us.

My only complaint with UPS is that the guy who delivers to our house doesn't bother getting a signature, or even making sure that anyone's home. He rings the doorbell, drops the box off at the door, and just straight leaves before anyone can get to the door. This has happened on two occasions when my downpipe ($150) and my cat-back exhaust ($450) arrived. If I hadn't been home, they would have been out in plain sight for hours. The guy could have a little decency and at least wait a minute for me to get to the door. If I catch him next time, I'm going to at least ask him to wait a bit or deliver packages to the apartment complex office.

A Lot of canadians hate UPS because of their insane brokerage and duty fees... they are vey high priced and pretty random..

A Lot of canadians hate UPS because of their insane brokerage and duty fees... they are vey high priced and pretty random..

Yep, the main problem with UPS that we encounter are their brokerage fees. We had a package that got shipped to Canada (worth about $100) and the customer refused the package because the brokerage fees were a 1/3 of the cost of the item, and guess who got charged the shipping back to us? Yep..we did, even though we inform them that it's their responsibility.

I had my 3065 floating around in the back of a truck for 3 days because the guy thought I lived across the street. Needless to say I was pretty pissed off. I do have a giant ass house number on my house but apparently his eyes skipped that. Normally I dont have a problem with them though.

Im about to head off to my preload job at fedex and its 3:30 in the morning....
But anyways I'm not surprised that your package took that long because of two reasons: One, that snowstorm in denver totally shutdown the operation for 3 days which affected shipping around the entire US. Second, its peak season, we have a normal volume of approx. 8,500 packages per day, during peak 14,000 packages EVERY DAY it was a B**ch let me tell ya. Im so glad that christmas is over... well im off to go load some boxes all morning! have a great day!

My only complaint with UPS is that the guy who delivers to our house doesn't bother getting a signature, or even making sure that anyone's home. He rings the doorbell, drops the box off at the door, and just straight leaves before anyone can get to the door. This has happened on two occasions when my downpipe ($150) and my cat-back exhaust ($450) arrived. If I hadn't been home, they would have been out in plain sight for hours. The guy could have a little decency and at least wait a minute for me to get to the door. If I catch him next time, I'm going to at least ask him to wait a bit or deliver packages to the apartment complex office.

Request signature service. That's your fault, his job is to deliver the package. Not decide which level of service you need.

Bottom line is that it's not that UPS sucks. It's the insane amount of volume they deal with this time of year. This is the WORST two week period to have anything sent.

My company ships approximately 30,000 packages a week around the globe. All UPS. All ontime if shipped via over night or selected day service (2nd day,etc)

IF you ship it ground, you risk your deadline. Contact UPS for a refund on shipping price.

And to throw something else out there.............here in Houston a couple was recently arrested for following the UPS truck around and after UPS dropped off the package they would come in behind them and snatch it up..................they had an a$$load of stuff in their house.

Ya I ordered something on Tuesday and it said it would be delivered on 1/2/07 today I look and they accidentally sent it in the wrong direction so now I have to wait another day.

The cheapest way to ship to CANADA is the post office as long as its not oversize and doesn't weight over like 45 lbs.

I do all my shipping through Fedex, I am not saying they are the best but they are cheap and quick. Although they can be rough with the packages some times. 2 claims of $300 each.

Random being the key word. I once had a $150 part shipped to me with $10 in brokerage fees. Next week I had a $15 part shipped to me and they charged me $25 in fees.

Im about to head off to my preload job at fedex and its 3:30 in the morning....
But anyways I'm not surprised that your package took that long because of two reasons: One, that snowstorm in denver totally shutdown the operation for 3 days which affected shipping around the entire US. Second, its peak season, we have a normal volume of approx. 8,500 packages per day, during peak 14,000 packages EVERY DAY it was a B**ch let me tell ya. Im so glad that christmas is over... well im off to go load some boxes all morning! have a great day!

That aint shit man, OMG . Im a loader at UPS and we normally get 10k-11k a day, during peak season we got like 18-20k.

Dude, I just drove through Castle Rock yesterday. I don't ####ing blame them for not delivering it.

Yup, second blizzard in CO. in the last week. Still not bad here, but most everything I have shipped has to go through Commerce City as well. I would not count on anything showing up for a couple more days. Hell, the resturant I work at cannot even get the trucks to come down for deliveries. Try being a steakhouse with no steak. :p
Mike

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back