The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

F/S: 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST 5 Speed

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meliketoball

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 4, 2007
Bay Area, CA, California
Hey DSMtuners, here up I have my 1997 Eclipse GST Turbo 5 speed manual transmission.

Car has 215,xxx miles on it. I had the car for little over two years and put in a lot of parts to keep it running as it should. (have receipts, records, logs, etc.)

About two months ago, the car was involved in a hit and run accident when it was parked in the street. I caught the guy and had his insurance pay me off for the damages. I purchased another car and this car has to go because I have no room/place for it.

Modifications:
-Autometer Phantom 30/30 boost gauge
-Autometer Phantom Short Sweep Oil pressure gauge
-OBX Dual gauge pods.
-Full bodied EMOTOR Coilover suspension. Adjustable Height, non-adjustable dampening, anodized red.
-Pioneer CD Deck player.
-Generic axle back muffler. (flat black)
-Revised 3rd Generation lifters/tappets. (operates very quietly.)
-Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 8 rims

Highlights:
The engine is fine. Nothing involved with the engine or transmission was damaged in the accident. The timing belt, water pump, transmission, inner/outer tie rods with both bellow boots, control arms, radiator, starter, alternator, p/s and alternator belts, air filter, clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, pivot ball, clutch fork, clutch master cylinder, and a few other things were all changed during the duration of the two years of owning this vehicle.

Things that need to attention:
-The engine starts, but it starts rough.
-It burns oil because of old worn out valve seals.
-Passenger side window doesn't work.
-Both front axle boots are ripped.
-Front tires have about 20% tread left. Rear tires have about 45%, but one is flat due to the accident.
-Roof and top area of the quarter panel is faded/oxidized.
-In the accident, the guy that hit me damaged the driver side quarter panel leaving a fairly large dent. He damaged and bent the tire thus flattening the tire. He also damaged the whole rear driver side suspension components and thus leaving the car immobile. (please refer to pictures.)

So basically the whole rear end/crossmember of the car and driver side wheel needs to be replaced. It's a fairly easy repair if you know anything about wrenching. Parts are available for cheap at your local Pink N Pull or Pull your Part. The engine turns over and stays on. The clutch and transmission was replaced about 1 year ago and shifts as smooth as butter. (transmission was purchased from DSM_PWR)

Makes for a good project car or parts car.

I put a lot of work into this thing from day one. It's a shame that my car was hit out of the cars in the neighborhood it was parked in. I love this car, but I don't have the money to get her mobile again.

Asking 1100 or best offer. You must provide and must come with a tow or trailer to take the car home.

Pictures: 11/4/09 (click on the link) and in my gallery as well.
ImageShack -

F/S: 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST 5 Speed

You can reach my @ 408 431 9977.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu that's cheap, i wish i had the money for this.

I am curious if you found a buyer from Craigslist or through here
seems like no one really reads the ad posted here.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back