The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

f***ing thieves

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSLENK

10+ Year Contributor
May 25, 2011
DC, Maryland
Woke up to this... Security camera time!

Attachments

• smash window.jpg
    smash window.jpg
    304.2 KB · Views: 208
Aww man that totally sucks. Hell my car won't lock so they just open the door but there's nothing inside but the stock stuff and a couple of rags in the back floor board...

Whoever it is, obviously didn't know what else was in the car. Skipped right over a pair of Gucci shades, and some other goodies. Its this type of shit that makes me want to stay up all night and get some target practice with the good ole Saiga 12. Don't even care if I hit the car, as long as I get them LOL. They wont get caught, they never do. The f***er was nice enough to use the proper tools to remove it. Besides the window, nothing else was hacked or broken. Wires all in tact, didn't mangle the dash/console, trim is still beautiful. Could have been worse.

Probably the stereo.. Sorry to hear man. I used to just leave my 1g unlocked since I thought that people would be like oh that things old and shitty, doubt its got anything of value in it. Althought I had my tools, and sub in the trunk with a junk stereo deck, doesnt look like much. I have a hatch cover so without looking under it you wouldnt know. Came out one day and papers were scattered and glove box and center console were open. Nothing missing but my scrounge change and my hunting knife, which I found in my yard. Apparently they were scared that there was still blood on it!

Who you been stabbin crash??? Thats funny, a thief finding a knife and noticing blood from its last victim. I'm with you on just leaving my car not locked (since I have no door key, LOL). My dad used to tell me way back in the day that if he locked his truck the thieves would just break his window and steal what they wanted anyway so why have to replace a window too. Old way of thinking but true.

Yup they took the stereo. Its an JVC KW AVX 840 in case any of you guys run into it (doubtful). I have been stalking ebaw and Clist, but I think its gonna end up at a pawn shop. I wish I took the serial number when I had it. I will in the future. Its not even worth that f***ing much. People know that shit is stolen. I remember when stealing GPS things was cool they sold on the street for like $20 a pop for high end models. What a f***ing waste. My $400 msrp radio which is probably worth $200 on ebay new now, (its old as hell, but nice) and will probably fix a tweakers habbit that could have done less than a days honest work to obtain.

Oh well it gave me the chance to fix my window falling out of track problems. And do the auto up power window mod. I think I will enable the siren on my alarm now... Or upgrade to the pager system and sleep closer to the loaded 9mm.

I hate replacing windows. So many damn glass shards everywhere. And its a PITA to vacuum out of the door crevices. I swear I spent at least an hour sucking, blowing, banging, opening, closing, and poking around like a whore to get all the glass out. I remember someone smashed my f150 window for no good reason a long time ago and I got the glass installed for free figured why not. The door on that truck sounds like a tambourine.

Another old saying, you might work hard for what you got, but you will have to work a lot harder just to keep it.

I'm def using Security bolts/screws on all my radio installs from now on. Gonna be a PITA for me... Hopefully for them too.

Well your lucky. I had pulled the engine and transmission out. Was building up a 6 bolt. Almost done. They stole both my 6 bolt and 7 bolt. My transmission, 3 turbos, my gauges, my sub's, and all my parts fmic, electronic greddy boost controller, full 3" exhaust. And the cops told me that's to bad have a good day.

Well your lucky. I had pulled the engine and transmission out. Was building up a 6 bolt. Almost done. They stole both my 6 bolt and 7 bolt. My transmission, 3 turbos, my gauges, my sub's, and all my parts fmic, electronic greddy boost controller, full 3" exhaust. And the cops told me that's to bad have a good day.
That would rip me off so bad...I would be in total blood lust mode for months.
I've been pretty lucky with my cars, only had my welding gear stolen once stereo's twice and a car stolen and joy rided once. mind you i live in a small town of 300 but we're close enough to a major city that thieves come out to steal our shit....when ever they steal cars the police are always waiting for them tho and they never get away. Guess that would be the only up side.

Really sorry to hear about your stuff getting stolen GSLENK, been there to...gets the blood flown really quick!

Thats someone you know , thats not a smash and grab

The cops are all too busy catching the real criminals in this country. The pot smokers.

That's the thing. I know who it was. I wanted to kill them. Over 10k in parts. 5 years of saving money and buying parts.

That's the thing. I know who it was. I wanted to kill them. Over 10k in parts. 5 years of saving money and buying parts.

If you have any hard proof go and whoop his ass. If you have receipts or serial numbers, call the cops. Either way you win... Don't want him and his buddies thinking you are sweet.

I must be lucky its legal here!
LOL whats legal? Theiving? whooping ass? stand your ground? calling cops? OOOHHHH, Reefer madness is legal. Washington is seeming like more and more of a bad ass place to live. Awesome food scene, legalization (not that I really have time for that)

Hows the cost of living vs quality and wages? I thought they have a nice minimum wage too?

It's alright I guess.. they've been popping up like crazy past couple months with funny store names like green kiss, green cure, cezars salad, but I don't enjoy sitting around. minimums 9.32, but there is some crazy debate for small business in seattle raising min to $15 an hour

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back