The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

extremepsi ss oil return line

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBeatGSX

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 17, 2005
Southington, Connecticut
Who else is running one or tried to run one? Mine doesn't even come remotely close to fitting because the center section on the turbo is pointing too far back, or my oil pan is too far forward LOL. Am I missing something? Its like it should have had a 90* fitting instead of a 45*. This isn't what I was expecting from a $95 kit, and especially not from them, they're usually outstanding.

Any ideas? I'll post up a picture of what I mean when the turbo is back on.

Is your turbo clocked the right way? You might have to turn where the oil drain points.

Both turbos are exactly how they came from MHI, with the center section rotated forward about 20*, why I have no idea. Is it normal for people to take it apart (you'd have to take both sides off), grind off that tab, and rotate it straight?

That's basically what I did when I needed to clock my turbo. I didn't grind off the tab though, I just drilled a new hole for it with a small (1/10"?) drill bit.

You don't need to take off both sides to do this, just the exhaust side. The compressor side will then need to be rotated too, but that can be done while still on the turbo if you just compress the ring clamp a little.

Obviously, you need an external wastegate to do this though.

MyBeatGSX said:
Who else is running one or tried to run one? Mine doesn't even come remotely close to fitting because the center section on the turbo is pointing too far back, or my oil pan is too far forward LOL. Am I missing something? Its like it should have had a 90* fitting instead of a 45*. This isn't what I was expecting from a $95 kit, and especially not from them, they're usually outstanding.

Any ideas? I'll post up a picture of what I mean when the turbo is back on.

Hey MyBeatGSX,

We'll gladly assist you with getting this SS return line on perfectly. Could you please email us at: [email protected] with pictures? I'll take a look at it personally and see what I can do to help. Sorry for any inconveniences this may have caused.

Regards,
Hung
Extreme PSI

Hung, thanks for being helpful on the phone (if that was you I talked to).

Here's the pictures you wanted. Yahoo sucks with uploading pics, so I'll post them here.

As you can see, there's no way that line will ever bend enough to get on that fitting. Looking at the pictures its hard to see the exact angle, but the 45* is actually sticking out past where the return line hangs down about an inch. The line would have to bend toward the car (because the turbo chra is pointed slightly backwards) and then out really far to where the 45* is, and then bend back again to get the correct angle to go into the 45* fitting. This wouldn't be a problem with a foot long line, but mine is about 3".

I know that probably didn't make much sence, but I hope the pictures help. It was really hard to get one that showed exactly how much its off or the angle its off at.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

$40 (for the 90*) and a lot of struggle later (cutting and refiting that literally 10+ times over the course of 2 hours), it now fits reasonably well.

I doubt this is your fault at all. My previous line was kinked for the same reason. But what that reason is baffles me. I have a plain old 6 bolt with a regular 6 bolt pan. I have an Evo III 16G mounted on an Evo III manifold (both purchased from you guys). So why it would be so far off is beyond me. And as we discussed on the phone. Had the CHRA been pointing straight down like it should be, that 45* would work perfectly and the kit would be cake to install. But if all the Evo III's come from MHI clocked like that, I don't see this kit fitting any DSM that has one.:confused:

Hey MyBeatGSX,

Sorry to hear that the kit did not fit for you. Please call us at: 1-800-PSI-4502 during regular business hours and I work something out for you for all your troubles. Again, I apologize for any inconveniences this has caused you.

Regards,
Hung
Extreme PSI

I'll try to give you guys a call tomorrow. Again, thanks for trying to help and standing behind your products, great service as usual.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back