The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

extremely poor handling on remotely slick surface

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2g enthusiast

Probationary Member
Apr 5, 2014
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
So I've searched and found a few threads on this, but they actually seem a bit different as anyone else that has brought this up mentioned it was while they were turning. But in my tsi awd if we get a light dusting of snow I can't go over 20mph without the car wanting to get sideways. Does anybody else have this issue? I'm wondering if something is binding up somewhere. I don't think it is brakes either. My brakes are all in good condition rotors and pads. I guess I haven't checked to make sure the handbrake is completely releasing though. I will check that in the next day or two. But if anybody has a solution or idea please share.

The rear wheels "toe" sounds out of wack. Doesn't take much to make the car very unstable in rain/snow.

I'll have it up in the air tomorrow to check all bushings and ball joints etc. I will let you guys know if I find anything sloppy.

Def. Sounds like an alignment issue. When I lowered my car, my thrown off camber was definitely not griping the road correctly.

Check your tires see if they have any bald spots in the inside of the tire if so alignment!!

After I did my tokico lowering springs and shocks, I noticed my rear camber and toe was out of wack, and like you said, whenever I drove on the slightest bit of snow the rear end of the car would snap back and forth, as if it couldnt decide which tire wanted to have traction. Back and forth, almost spinning me out again and again. If I could get it to stay centered it felt like I was in a constant drift (kinda cool). I got a piece of string and did a DIY rear toe alignment to within factory spec and the issue went away, and it drives straight as an arrow. My camber is still messed up, and I am getting bad tire wear. I have a camber kit waiting to go on, and then after I will get a proper shop alignment done, as well as some new tires.

And, have all tires the same size with equal amount of pressure.

One tire gets a little low, that axle will draws the attention from the other three axles since the couplers will be engaged to get power to that one axle.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back