The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Exterior - Door Moulding / Lower Plastic Trim Panel Loose

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmfergie

Probationary Member
Jul 2, 2012
SIOUX CITY, Iowa
My lower plastic door trim panel is loose and bangs around when the door is closed and not only looks awkward, but it's kinda annoying. So how is it removed safely??

I would think it is just held on by clips, similar to the interior door panel. But I don't want to just go out and pulling on it and end up breaking it in half. Any tips or idea would rock! Thanks!!

Awesome! Thank you very much, I will have to try that when I get home in a few days!!

You're talking about the horizontal molding that's inset on your door that goes across the lower half? Mine was held on by some sort of adhesive. No clips. Can't say that's how it's SUPPOSED to be or not, when I bought my car it had definitely been through an abusive owner or two.

The 2g's door trim is held on with clips, but have double sided tape along the outside edge to keep it tight on the door and let less water through to the holes the clips are in.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back