The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G Exterior door help?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky1GB

Probationary Member
Oct 7, 2016
lloydminster, AB_Canada
Recently purchased talon for a winter beater but honestly cant stand some of the stuff the previous owner did! the PO put a random screw in my exterior lower door panel. How would i go about fixing this? do these panels come off or can i take the screw out and use some sort of adhesive to reattach them properly?

Attachments

• omg no.jpg
    omg no.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 118
Yes they are removable. Itll have body molding double-sided tape around the perimeter, and there are pressure clips throughout the panel, as well as an 8mm(?) nut in the middle-bottom that you must remove from the inside (requires inner door panel removal). Plastic pry tools and razor blades will make it easier.

If the panel is loose, you may be best removing it completely and putting new clips and 3m body molding tape around the perimeter, then reapplying the panel.

You may want to body fill or plastic weld the hole left by the screw, and rust treat the metal portion of the door to prevent further cancer.

Last edited:
a pictures worth 100 words or so these days. Also welcome Becky1gb. pull the screw see what happens if it falls off put the screw back

edit nm i see the picture thats ugly, paint it ? Maybe check your local junkyard for a replacement panel, grab the clips too. or just leave it who cares is a beater

Last edited:
Yes they are removable. Itll have body molding double-sided tape around the perimeter, and there are pressure clips throughout the panel, as well as an 8mm(?) nut in the middle-bottom that you must remove from the inside (requires inner door panel removal). Plastic pry tools and razor blades will make it easier.

If the panel is loose, you may be best removing it completely and putting new clips and 3m body molding tape around the perimeter, then reapplying the panel.

You may want to body fill or plastic weld the hole left by the screw, and rust treat the metal portion of the door to prevent further cancer.

Exactly what I needed to know!! thanks! :)

Just make sure when you put the adhesive in clean both surfaces other wise it may not adhere properly.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back