The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G Extending Megan 3” test pipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AWD-Tony

Proven Member
Sep 11, 2017
Cincinnati, Ohio
From a rough measurement, seems like I’ll have to extend this 4” total. Hate to cut this but that’s the cheapest route. Has anyone done this? If so, any issues?

Thanks
Tony

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I have a new downpipe and cat back (not sure of the brand) but when I measured the downpipe with the new setup w the test pipe, it was 4” too shorter than the old downpipe which was one piece. I read a post that corrected this by cutting the test pipe and installing the sleeves. My concern is that when I cut the test pipe, it’ll leave me about 3/4 of an inch to use the clamp

Honestly you should two 3 inch flanges and what u need in 3 inch exhaust pipe. Have it welded for a custom test pipe. That's what I had to do with my megan dp and catback.

Honestly you should two 3 inch flanges and what u need in 3 inch exhaust pipe. Have it welded for a custom test pipe. That's what I had to do with my megan dp and catback.

Thanks, Bud! I do have one 3” flange so I might just get another flange and just get that welded with a short 3” pipe. I’ll just have flanges on top of flanges. Don’t really want to cut this up.

I once cut up my perfectly good Megan fwd down pipe. But it was because I converted to awd so it wouldn’t work anymore and I’m cheap! I know what you mean about not wanting to cut it up. Just do it!

Haha. I was originally planning on cutting it and bought the two clamps. But I can’t get my self to do it since it’s so shinny. My buddy is going to weld a small section for me

You should have your buddy make you a different long one & put the Megan on the shelf.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back