The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

exhauste mani question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fredom dsm

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 31, 2006
Denton, Texas
Hi guys Im trying to buy one of the this manis but I dont know wich one, can you guys give me a hand here?? Im going to be using a 50trim from slowboy, 750cc injectors, maf-t, safcII ported stock o2 housing and one of this manis, please no bs guys just
tell me your experiance if you are running one of this manis.

thanks a lot.

Slowboy Racing :: Exhaust :: HAFE Performance Cast S.S. 7cm DSM Manifold w/ 38mm WG Prevision

Forced Performance Turbochargers: FP DSM Race Manifold

A big influence in which manifold you're going to use has to do with if you're going external or running an internally gated wastegate off the turbo. They are both excellent manifolds but it depends what kind of setup your going with. You said you're using the stock O2 housing so unless you're modifying it to run an external wastegate you'd need a manifold where you can run the wg off of. If you're using an internally gated 50 trim then it doesn't matter because you can buy a 38mm wg block off plate until you're ready to go external, like this one:
Slowboy Racing :: Turbos :: Honda Turbos :: Tial 38 Mild Steel Block Off Flange

Hope that helps! :dsm::talon::laser:

I'm sorry, but all I'm seeing are opinions and not even one fact to back it up. How about some reasons WHY one manifold is better than the other, not just "that manifold is superior because I have one on my car."

Well, for starters, runner #1 wastegate taps are frowned upon, you are better off gating off the o2 housing... As runner #1 wastegates only regulate flow from one cylinder.

And the FP Manifold has been tested to flow as much, or more than tubular manifolds. I have not seen any data on the SBR manifold.

I agreed, wastegate mount of the manifold it should be at the merge collector spot not the first runner. Running a wastegate off the o2 housing is better although you when running high boosts you may have boost creeps.

I bought the FP race manifold after finding 4 large cracks on my ported 2g mani. I got a used ceramic coated one off ebay for $250 so that was definately a deal I wasn't going to pass up. The biggest difference i noticed is that it has a smoother power curve now which in my opinion is a big :thumb:. I don't really know much about the sbr manifolds except that they used to be prone to cracking, but maybe that was their older manifolds. I'll only recommend the FP mani if you think you'll be running a big boy turbo in the future or if you could get a good deal on one like I did. Otherwise you could even get a good ported 2g mani which should be more than enough to support a 50trim.

Thanks for all the coments guys, I dont think I will ever go with a difernt turbo or a bigger one on that car, the 50trim is internally gated but I do plan on squezing out every pound of boost I can, my goal is 350hp. I just wish FP had another sale!!! but then again, DONT WE ALL!! Keep the coments coming! Thanks.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back