The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Exhaust way too loud, is this normal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FourG63 97GST

20+ Year Contributor
Jul 21, 2002
West Palm Beach, Florida
Well I just installed my T28 with a full 3" from the turbo back.
I find it way too loud, is this normal for a full 3"? An the noise is coming more from the engine area than out the tailpipe. I'm not sure what kind of downpipe it is(bought it used) but I have an Apexi Dunk catback

this is the downpipe

Attachments

• downpipe2.jpg
    downpipe2.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 268
Originally posted by FourG63 97GST
I find it way too loud, is this normal for a full 3"? An the noise is coming more from the engine area than out the tailpipe. I'm not sure what kind of downpipe it is(bought it used) but I have an Apexi Dunk catback

Mine is way to loud too, it's full 3" turbo back with O2 elim. It is so loud that if I am on the Highway listening to a CD, the CD will skip every now and then. I just ordered a SS 3" Resonator, that should take care of my problem.

iron

you have a VRS downpipe with 02 eliminator the main reson why it is so loud is because it flows sooo much better ( 3 full inches) you can either have performance (which is cool) or a silent car tha tdoesnt breathe well (not cool) but he resonator will help you have performance and a sleek soounding high tuned machine

thanx, good to know. an where should the resonator go really, like on what part of the exhaust?

I believe it should go after the Cat. Converter/Test Pipe, this is similar to the stock exhaust system. Attached is a pic of a cat back exhaust with resonator.

iron

Attachments

• 2_ex30a_res-l.jpg
    2_ex30a_res-l.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 236

So you finally got it. When we gonna run?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back