The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

exhaust o2 dump question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hooah

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 10, 2003
Olathe, Kansas
Ok i have a stock o2 housing, 3 inch downpipe, testpipe, and catback...my friend has the same setup except he has a 3inch dump..well he is trying to sell his car so im going to trade him his o2 dump for my stocker and downpipe....now my question is, could i run the o2 dump...and the dump only....no cat no muffler, just an o2 dump cutout right underneath the drivers seat. Do you think it would work? i realize it would be extremely loud and im ok with it, i dont have to pass inspection so im good there too... i want to do this becuase i need to decrease spool up time thanks

are you tryin to say have everything after the o2 housing taken off? hmm i wouldnt it would sound like ass, they literally sound like lawnmowers.. not that sound is that important but for a street car? you would prolly get shit all on the side of your block and everywhere else to..

You if you wanted to, or you bolt on your donw pipe and leave it at that with no exhaust after that.

ok its a o2 dump so it dumps the wastegate to the atmosphere, the other part is 3inches all the way to the turbo and it goes as far back as the downpipe...the main question is how loud would it be and would i have enough backpressure

ooh i see what your talkin about now.. you keepin your turboback on but your puttin on a o2 housing with the wastegate dumpin to the atmosphere, right? yea i wanna do that with mine! i hear it sounds SWEET, you dont need any muffler or anything.. although i have seen some ppl route the wastegate dump out the side of the front bumper before the front tire, in a hole, with a metal plate surrounding it to keep it from getting burned.. and i ahve seen some with tiny mufflers connected, but i wouldnt worry about that.. the more free flowing, the less chance of any boost creep!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back