The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Exhaust/Mods For A 1G 1.8

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teklein

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 18, 2004
Simpsonville, South_Carolina
Hey all,

First off, I dont want to come across as a mean person, but I honestly do not care that my motor isnt the best, the most expensive, or has no potential. I dont want your criticism for it being a 1.8 SOHC. Its not easy being 16 and buying a car when your dad cant pay his damn child support and your mom is disabled and cant work.

I bought the car for $2000. That was a good price for considering book value is $3030. Its a 1993 Eclipse with the 1.8 and 5 speed thats is in excellent condition. It has a Clarion CD player and short shift installed. Over the summer I may drop a built 2.0 in it (ebay rocks), but for now im content, sort of.

Im getting the Injen CAI for the 2.0 (it will fit) because it goes out farther from the engine. I need exhaust for my car. I want to make around 120-125HP. Will exhaust for a 1G N/T 2.0 fit this car? Or does anyone know where I get a catback kit for the car? Ive searched everywhere for 1.8 stuff but I cant find anything.

Thanks for all your help!

-Tim Klein

Im not really sure if the exhaust from the 2.0 will fit or not, but you could try, your better off just getting some custom piping down like 2 1/2 inch piping from the cat back, then a highflow cat, and a header and intake and you should be good, and whatever else you wanna do to it go for it, good luck. later.

I would go to a muffler shop and have a 2.5" steel pipe welded up for you. You can snag a high flow cat just about anywhere (JC Whitney is a good source when on a budget). If they want more than $150, go to the next shop. Good luck. Hit us back if you have any problems.

hey,
yes a 2.0 exhaust will fit your car u just have to get it in your year range. Any exhaust that says it will fit your year and that its for a fwd it will fit your 1.8, i wouldn't go any higher than 2.5in. heres acouple of places,

www.napa.com
www.howellautomotice.com (thats where i got mine for my 1.8)
last time i checked there was a pasecetter exhaust on ebay. i would check on there.

other parts u can get for it is a underdrive pulley, i have one and it accelerates alot faster in higher rpm.
head ported and polished/ decked for higher compresion.
thats basicaly all the mods other than going turbo or going into the internal part of the motor. hope this helps

:thumb:

Thanks, that helps alot. Like I said this is just my car to get around in, for now. Im seriously considering doing a 2.0 swap. if that is successful, I may turbo it. The body and interior of the car is in too good condition to sell and buy a new. Plus insurance would be a heck of alot cheaper. I was surprised to find all wheel disc brakes on this car. Its the base model and I figured it would have drums in the back, LOL. Overall, im pleased with the car, i just need a lil more get up and go so I think 120-125HP will work with me just fine.

What about headers for the car? will a 2.0 N/T also fit? or will a 1.8 mirage header fit?

Thanks again, and any more info you guys can provide will be great!

:dsm:

NO theres no header that will fit our 1.8's. You can get one fabed at a machine shop or maybe a muffler shop. i am in the process of makeing my own header.... if everything goes well i might start makeing them for people who wants one....maybe we'll see.:thumb:

NO theres no header that will fit our 1.8's. You can get one fabed at a machine shop or maybe a muffler shop. i am in the process of makeing my own header.... if everything goes well i might start makeing them for people who wants one....maybe we'll see.:thumb:

so did you ever get one made up cu i wwould like one to LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back