The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Exhaust Manifold Studs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbospyder19

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 11, 2003
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
My friend and I are working on replacing the turbo in his GVr4. When we removed the ex.man. nuts, most came right off and left the studs in the head. But about 3 pulled the studs out with them! How do we go about putting these back in? Thanks for any help!

If you NEED to use the stock bolts, just screw them back in a tighten to spec. I would suggest getting new studs and bolts for the manifold though. You can probly just hit up AMS, they should have some there.

You can just tighten the stud back in with the nut that's attatched to it. Or you can buy new studs, washers and nuts from the dealer.

Originally posted by KFT0001
You can just tighten the stud back in with the nut that's attatched to it. Or you can buy new studs, washers and nuts from the dealer.

In all honesty, it would be better to get the nuts off of the studs they are stuck to first. Clean them up, then double up the nuts on the stud (so you can turn the outer nut with a wrench, and get the studs into the head all the way.) Then crack the two nuts loose, wash rinse and repeat ;)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back