The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Exhaust manifold question..

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Infamous33

10+ Year Contributor
May 30, 2011
Chicopee, Massachusetts
Looking to move up to a 2g manifold on my 90 Talon and I was wondering if anyone has used an aftermarket 'stock' EM. I can buy the dorman one for around $95, and it will be brand new. Any info on them? Are they just boxed up shiny scrap? Should I wait until someone lists one in the market and use that.
Seems everytime one shows up there, it is either waaay overpriced or sells too fast.
Thanks for the advice !!

He wants to upgrade to it. I almost bought a Dorman one a few months ago. So I would like a review also!

I say get a used OEM one, they can be found on here Cheap and sometimes already ported out!

Shit, I was trying to sell mine old one(its slightly ported too) but it has two holes tapped in it that could either be used or welded shut! Don't have a welder or I would've done it myself! :/

Either a 2g manifold or Evo 3 which I belief flows better than the 2g is sufficient for most people.

The doaman manifolds are good quality. If you spend like 5 dollars more from rockauto.com you can get the atp brand manifold, they come with a brand new heat shield also.

I have no expirience with the dorman manifold but you should be able to pick up a 2g stock manifold very easy and for very cheap. I bought mine for $40 shipped from the classified on here. I would say keep looking.

I decided to hang in there until I find a good OEM, rather than buy the Dorman, spend the time porting it only to find it doesn't flow any better than an unported 1g... and then end up getting a 2g OEM anyway

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back