The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Exhaust manifold: gaskets and bolts/studs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlphaAssault

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 5, 2007
Tyler, Texas
Initially, I had in mind to removed the exhaust manifold in order to replace the gaskets. However, during this process I snapped off three of the four manifold to turbo bolts and discovered that the manifold to head studs are all corroded and in need of replacement. I will order the studs from SSStuds, but is there a website that sells everything else I need, instead of buying these parts from several different places? Also, I would like to get stainless steel manifold to turbo bolts, how would these stainless steel ones compare to the stock bolts? Any suggestions on my parts selection are welcome.

Manifold to Head Studs: www.ssstuds.com

Manifold to Head Gasket: RockAuto Auto Parts

Manifold to Turbo Bolts: EXTREME PSI : Your #1 Source for In Stock Performance Parts
or
EXTREME PSI : Your #1 Source for In Stock Performance Parts

Manifold to Turbo Gasket: EXTREME PSI : Your #1 Source for In Stock Performance Parts

You have to watch using stainless hardware anywhere that it will see extreme heat. Even with anti-sieze the threads like to gull up and strip what they are threaded into out.

That's true I've had this on my old car before. But if you put locking nuts on the bottom they don't move or pull as this is what I currently have on my set up so the stock thread has totally gone. Dame garage over tightened it to much and stripped it all out and cannot be tapped! Grrr mines held up for over 2 years now and now leaks

Total newbie question.....I am replacing the exhaust gasket manifold, and all the ones i have found have a larger opening on the gasket than the opening of the exhaust ports themselves... Is this a problem???

How does this effect things??

Yes...all stock at this point....

It should not matter. I ordered my head to manifold gasket from Rockauto and the gasket holes were just a little bigger than the exhaust runners. Better a little too big than a little too small.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back