The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Exedy Stage 2 "thick" cerametallic clutch review.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exedy has been renown for their quality in manufacturing OEM and performance clutches.

This particular review is on their Stage 2 thick disk clutch.
Basic info:
-3 puck with a choice of thick or thin friction linings
-available sprung or solid
-no special step hieght needed besides factory spec step hieght
-extremely streetable
-equivalent to a "ACT" 2100.

This clutch is one of the best in drivability as far as every day stop and go situations and mild track day applictions, one thing that i did notice is this unit has a high ability to resist slipping. If you are looking for a clutch that will match anything with 300lb/ft of tq and want to stay away from ACT this may just be the better of the two.

The differences between the Thin and thick discs are their torque capacities.
Thin - 1900+/- afew
Thick - 2100+/- afew
I do not have the complete spec since i do not have the Exedy catalog availble.

As far as mileage I got a decent 50K (DD & Track use) i have no complaints though It's been a great 50k

For a Puck style especially 3 puck, I recommend this clutch for mild street cars (E316G - 50 trim). So pick one up and enjoy!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back