The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Excuses for not going into work, lets hear em!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisTheBuilder

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 8, 2012
Wichita Falls, Texas
I figured i would see if anybody has any good excuses why they didnt go into work. Ones you have heard, said, or just think would be funny to say/hear.

My dog fell asleep on the alarm clock.

I accidentally washed my clothes with razor blades and now they are in shreds.

"Hi, who's managing today? Karen? Ok, go put Karen on.

Oh hey Karen, I'm just calling to let you know that I have anal glaucoma and I just can't see my ass coming in today. You have a good one though."

I actually got to use that, too.

i have actually had a coworker call in blind ! i still laugh to this day about it ROFL

A coworker of mine called in to my supervisor at 7:30am when we open at 8:00am and says he cant come in because he has to go to his nieces birthday party at chucke cheese at 9:00am i'm not even sure if they're open that early on a week day we gave him shit for months about it.

" I'm not going to be able to make it in today. I woke up this morning and my dog had died during the night. ( dog barking in the background).... I can't let him sit there and decompose, and he's a really big dog.... So I'm going to be digging a big hole"

Work replies: " why don't you just put him in the freezer until you get off work?"

Me: " really? First off who the f&@k does that? And secondly, what part about "big f&@kin dog" did you have a problem understanding? You have offended me greatly!" ( not really but it drove the point home)

I wont make it to work cause I'm on the way picking my (family member who's really old) who missed his airport and ended up in farther airport, in my case instead of SEA-TAC (Washington State) he end up in PDX (Portland Oregon) This actually really happened :D But I'm not the one that picked him up and I just stayed home

I have a bad case of explosive diarrhea! :cry:

this is the shit right hereLOL

I think my worst one, which I've seriously used, was "I have two flat tires and won't be changing them until the workday is over."

I've actually only called in twice over the last two and a half years, each time for legitimate reasons, one which was my furnace blew up in my face while i was trying to light it, so i spent half the night in the E.R. and looked like a mummy for the next week.

The other i had a horrible ear infection that was literally days away from needing surgery, my ear had swollen shut, so i spent the night in the E.R. for that as well.

But one of my best ones was having the wife call in for me and saying i'd been falsely arrested the night before and wouldn't be out until late that day, LOL.

"My DSM broke down"

At least it's believable ;)

Back when I was a punk kid with punk friends, I had a friend that called in sick while working at Toys-R-Us with a violent case of the hiccups. He sold it for 10 minutes straight with frequent fake hiccups and not so much as a remote giggle. Then after realizing how ridiculous his job and management were, he made it his mission to get fired from that place. Then on the following day, he called in because because his leg fell asleep and he couldn't drive in to work. He remarkably still had a job after that one. The third day he called in saying that he had a bad case of the "Mondays", when it was, in fact, Thursday. His boss told him that his joking around was not up to the employment standards at Toys-R-Us. He succeeded in getting fired that day.

That's funny stuff.^ years back i call into work sick my boss was a jack a$$ he said if i don't come to work i will be fired, so i go to work very sick maybe a hour later he tells me i don't look sick but i was very sick and as he is running his mouth I'm trying to go to the bathroom but this idiot is in my way so guess what happens. He did not move trying to act like a jack a$$ so i got sick all over his shoes. He said get the fk out of his sight that i was fired. But in the end i won because it they had to pay me unemployment.

Trav83 said:
"My DSM broke down"

At least it's believable ;)

Like that one... I got a few

Sorry i cant make it in today, my car was stolen and its a crime scene now.

I was pulled over and the state trooper thought I was suspicious and called Border Patrol for a full vehicle inspection and tear down. I'm almost done putting my carpet back in.

My girlfriend didn't notice the cat in the dryer and I'm still trying to get the smell out of the house.

Just a few good ones. My old boss kinda looked forward to my call ins. And the police one actually happened. But they left the carpet in.

Like that one... I got a few

Sorry i cant make it in today, my car was stolen and its a crime scene now.

I was pulled over and the state trooper thought I was suspicious and called Border Patrol for a full vehicle inspection and tear down. I'm almost done putting my carpet back in.

My girlfriend didn't notice the cat in the dryer and I'm still trying to get the smell out of the house.

Just a few good ones. My old boss kinda looked forward to my call ins. And the police one actually happened. But they left the carpet in.

LOL nice

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back