The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

ECUflash Evoscan specifically for my 96 ecu and logging cable

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deuce_three

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 9, 2008
Lynnwood, Washington
I plan on switching to a Evoscan v2.7 which has really nice features.

I was wondering if anyone used Evoscan v2.7 and if it works good on a non eprom 96 ecu (If ecu type matters). A lot of the threads Ive read about evoscan are outdated.

Also, dsmlink and ecu swapping is out of the question as an option since I don't have the money to buy them or time to send it to get it socketed. A logger and safc is all I will be using for what I'm doing.

I've also seen a lot of cables on Ebay that Ive heard can be used with Evoscan (most sold overseas). I plan on buying it here from a U.S vendor since shipping will be quicker. Will this cable work with Evoscan v2.7?

VAG-COM USB KKL 409.1 cable for AUDI VW OBD2 OBD 2 - eBay (item 320627593700 end time Apr-05-11 15:58:40 PDT)

If you know a cable that's been proven to work with this logger and is around the same price range. Let me know.

Thanks!

I ordered the evoscan software and same cable as listed in your post and let me tell you i think it was a waste of time and money for me. I have the 95 eprom ecu in my 95 gsx and i cant get it to work even to log just 1 value.

Just my .2 cents.

I used that cable and software on my '95 with no problems. You should only expect 5-10 samples per second, as I posted on 'Talk, not enough to log more than one or two items with any accuracy.

I love evoscan. I use v2.8 in my 3g, gf's 98 GST, 98 GSX, and 95 TSI (which has a flashable ecu) and it all works great. Haven't had a problem as long as you use the correct settings for it.

For 95-96s:

1995-96 Mitsubishi DSM EvoScan Support

KEYDIVER Chips -2G DSM and EVO Logging Cables

Make sure to change KnockSum to 3E, as 95-96 is different then 97+.
(Or just use the Data.xml, in the above links.)

Also the 95-96 logging rate is very slow, about 10 samples/second.
So just log a couple items at a time, like RPM and KnockSum for example.

Its reported that EvoScan 2.5 works best for 95-96, like stated in the above EvoScan link.

Happy tuning.

Hey ceddy, you have any idea why my evoscan wont work on my 95 gsx with eprom ecu? I have setup everything like it should be. It connects for like 2 sec then becomes disconnected.

Not trying to highjack your thread bud just trying to get issues resolved.

This is what pops up everytime i try to connect evoscan

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

matt -
First make sure you have ECUFlash installed for the drivers.
Then make sure you're getting a solid +12V from Pin 16 on the OBD2 port.

And have you tried contacting EvoScan? They're very quick to respond and offer good customer service.

Did you try to change the BAUD RATE? "If you are logging a 1995 or 1996 ECU, set the BAUD RATE to 10400. If you try anything faster, the ECU will randomly disconnect and attempt to reconnect."

Weird, I've emailed them a few times and always get a response the next day.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back