The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

ECUflash Evoscan/Ecuflash and windows 8

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black95TSIawd

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 28, 2003
Dirty, New_Jersey
Calling all windows 8 users. Are you guys having any issues with ecuflash or evoscan? Ecuflash seems to be working fine, but I am having trouble with evoscan 2.7. How is your software running on windows 8? I tried to paste ceddy's xml into the data settings folder and the folder didn't even exist. I uninstalled evoscan and deleted all folders and reinstalled it under its own folder in my c:/ driver and still nothing. I have an old tuning laptop that I used to use ecuflash and evoscan years ago when I had my evo, but unfortunately, the harddrive crashed so my new laptop is my only bet at this moment.

Calling all windows 8 users. Are you guys having any issues with ecuflash or evoscan? Ecuflash seems to be working fine, but I am having trouble with evoscan 2.7. How is your software running on windows 8? I tried to paste ceddy's xml into the data settings folder and the folder didn't even exist. I uninstalled evoscan and deleted all folders and reinstalled it under its own folder in my c:/ driver and still nothing. I have an old tuning laptop that I used to use ecuflash and evoscan years ago when I had my evo, but unfortunately, the harddrive crashed so my new laptop is my only bet at this moment.

I haven't tried datalogging (nor have I had a chance to install) my black box eclipse ECU yet so I don't know if I am going to be having any issues with copying and pasting ceddys info into evoscan. The only problem I have had with either so far is getting my registration # working with any copy of EVOscan. Otherwise it works fine with both ECUflash and EVOscan on my windows 8 machine.

Ensure your flash wire is wired correctly. I used a headphone jack for mine and I found out that the outside wire strands are not supposed to be wired into everything. It was giving me all kinds of problems. I was still able to datalog, just not flash.

Maybe try re-installing it in compatibility mode

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back