The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

EVOscan Evoscan and ECU required to use it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srebos

Proven Member
Mar 2, 2022
New Era, Michigan
I've seen talk previously of being able to use evoscan for your DSM, but can't seem to locate the thread. I have evoscan and a Tactrix cable from my evo 9 I had.

I'm wondering what ECU would I need to run in order to be able to use evoscan? I have a 98 gs-t with a black box, I previously tried to use evoscan with that and my remote tuner told me he wouldn't be able to get in with the black box.

I was going to go with a stand alone. But using software I already have would be nice. Any info is appreciated!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
98-99 black box is flashable with ecu flash

You will need a tactrix cable with the 2g plug adapter

You will need to download ecu flash, then you can modify the ecu flash coding with tables and values from ceddy mods

You can then use evo scan for tuning, and ecu flash to write the tune file to the ecu. Or that's my basic understanding

Im still learning it as I go, I have evo scan but have only needed ecu flash for my purposes

Yeah I have ecuflash since that was used with evoscan for my old evo. The tuner just had said with some errors with my ecu that were pulled while trying to get in he wouldn't be able to get into the ecu remotely.

Yeah I have ecuflash since that was used with evoscan for my old evo. The tuner just had said with some errors with my ecu that were pulled while trying to get in he wouldn't be able to get into the ecu remotely.
Evo scan 2.7 has a mut error link problem with the 2.0 cable. So you need to modify the mut files before you install evoscan so the cable lets the software interface with the ecu

Others have reported evo scan 2.9 fixed this error

@chrysler kid I think you got it wrong.

Evoscan is basically a Datalogger which you pay for. There's different cables you can use to get it to run. This one is used for logging different parameters.

ECUflash its a free open source software to be able to flash ECUs. Most DSM black boxes (98-99) are flashable but a very few aren't. This is the one used for tuning.

@srebos Here's a very good old thread that covers a lot of information:

EvoScan 2.9 works with the 2.0 Tactrix cable on the 98-99 black box ECUs from GSTs and GSXs. Haven’t tun across any that aren’t flashable yet.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back