The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

EvoIII, 2.4l, Pump gas... English Racing tuned

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dallas J

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 24, 2003
Aloha, Oregon
Well it took me sending the car over to my co-driver to finally get a run on the dyno. Long story short (2nd hand at that), the torque curve looks exactly as I had hoped when I built this think a few years ago.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

It runs E85 all summer long, but Chris wanted a tune for pump to drive in through the winter. This is 91 octane, a 22psi spike settling to 21psi. I gotta say, Im pretty happy with the torque it ended up with.

Those are nice results for someone going for lots of low end torque. That's probably a blast to drive around.

Heh, and I still havent even gotten to drive it after the dyno. But thanks, Chris is having good fun with it .

NICE numbers- peak torque at right around where the turbo reaches full boost, and only running 22psi guarantees a good reliability of both the tune and the turbo itself. I'm willing to bet that 400lb/ft of torque at the wheels coming on like a light switch at 3500rpms is a blast on the street!

Lucas is just crazy with his tunes. I can't wait to get my 16g and link for him to tune it.

How much timing are you able to run with the 91 oct and 9.0:1 pistons?

Not sure, I havent looked over the map yet. The car has always been fun and is really different than most DSMers has driven before. My buddy who I think has the 3052 record at something like 575 Hp in a galant got a chance to warm my tires last year.

His comments were pretty much holy shit, I cant believe how strong and fast this comes on. Think of driving it like driving a V8, no trying to preload the turbo because its always at full power at auto-x speeds.

Im really gonna miss tearing through 2nd gear but had to move onto the Evo to overcome the diff limitations the 2gs come with.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back