The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

evo8 rims and tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stizzyflip611

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 21, 2003
Howell, New_Jersey
i have a question guys. i want to pick up a set of the stock 17 inch mitsu evo8 rims, wit 235 45 z17s. i have an 92 awd laser. will the rims fit my car without rubbing??? will i need wheel spacers maybe?? and if so how thick? ohh and the car is sittin on kyb agxs and eibach prokit springs, dropped about an inch all around.

thanx
Andrew R

wow, i've never noticed how nice the stock evo8 rims are
very nice
how wide are they? 7.5? 8?

WOW they look sick on a 1Ga :D

BTW $400 for 4 wheels no tires is a good price? (evo 8's wheels)
Either way, I need to get new tires for my car.

titogs95 said:
WOW they look sick on a 1Ga :D

BTW $400 for 4 wheels no tires is a good price? (evo 8's wheels)
Either way, I need to get new tires for my car.

rims are 8 inches wide.....and 400 is exactly what i paid for my evo wheels without tires.

where did you guys get the rims at? they look really good.

the weigh in around 18-19 lbs w/o tires. pretty funny mitsu was advertising em as "lightweight" wheels. the 2gb 17'' gsx wheels are lighter. :thumb:

I must have lucked out, just picked up a set of EVO wheels for 200 :D

Anyways. I plan on running 245-45-17's on them. Car will have AGX's and tein S-techs. I should be fine in terms of clearance right?

TSiBER RYDER said:
the weigh in around 18-19 lbs w/o tires. pretty funny mitsu was advertising em as "lightweight" wheels. the 2gb 17'' gsx wheels are lighter. :thumb:

true, but you lose an inch of width too. 17x7 != 17x8

I'll take the 19lbs of enkei over the 26lbs of laser laces any day.

before:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

After:

$400 for the wheels doesn't seem too bad. I paid $800 for mine, but they still had the advans on them, and they were taken off the evo at around 1,000 miles (so not much hard driving time due to break in period). They still have like 7-8/32 of tread on them, and i've put about 3,500 miles on them since i've had them (january). It's not too bad, given the wear rate of the tire. :D

slugsgomoo said:
true, but you lose an inch of width too. 17x7 != 17x8

I'll take the 19lbs of enkei over the 26lbs of laser laces any day.

before:

After:

$400 for the wheels doesn't seem too bad. I paid $800 for mine, but they still had the advans on them, and they were taken off the evo at around 1,000 miles (so not much hard driving time due to break in period). They still have like 7-8/32 of tread on them, and i've put about 3,500 miles on them since i've had them (january). It's not too bad, given the wear rate of the tire. :D

WOW It looks sweet!! I like it even more.

The funny part is that wheels have the Mitsubishi logo on a eagle or laser car car! :coy:
But I don't really care. As long as it look good ! :cool:

TSiBER RYDER said:
2gb GSX wheels weigh 25lbs. w/o tires....they are not light.

I was going to spend alot more than 400$ to get 17x8s. Those look good enough that I'll just go that route. Looks great!

TSiBER RYDER said:

i think 2g gsx wheels are heavier than that and even if they aren't, they are only 6.5 inches wide. i can't see the gsx wheels weighing too much less then 18 lbs.

The GSX 17" wheels are 25 lbs
The stock Eagle Talon 17" wheels are 26 lbs
The stock Evo8 wheels 17"x8 are closer to 24 lbs each. (Search this on other forums about it and you will find out) NOT THE ADVERTISE 19 lbs as Mitsubishi stated.

If you can, take the MR wheels, BBS gun metal ones, 18lbs each.

EnticivEclipse said:
will they fit a 2g?
I rocked a set of evo8 wheels on my car for a day. (getting new shoes on my rims and borrowed my friends :cool: while I changed his clutch.) The had no rubbing issues or anything. On a 2g with sportline kit.
Matthew

Forgot to ask earlier, what's the offset on these stock evo8 wheels? I'd like to run 245/40 on them.

edit: n/m, found it. + 38. 245/40 it is then.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back