The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Evo8 20g turbo with external hks wastegate and dump

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98gsxawd

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 6, 2010
San Diego, California
Im throwing a evo8 20g turbo with hks external wastegate and external dump on a 7 bolt 95 talon tsi. I have a walbro 255, tomei afpr, safc2, 560 injectors, eprom ecu, fmic,straightp pipe exhaust. What other mods do i still need to push the 20g turbo to atleast 20psi? My goal is to make 350 hp. What do i need to get there?? I just want the parts I need then im getting it tuned. I heard i need a wideband o2 gauge and a egt gauge what else is needed??

If your getting a wideband, then the egt is not needed. You seem to have a good start on a parts list, but I would recomend getting ecmlink, and possibly bigger injectors. Headstuds may also become a necessity.

not long ago someone put a evo8 turbo on a 2g, he had an adapter plate made so that the turbo bolted on and would flow correctly. You also need a custom o2 housing. Where are you running the external manifold from?

Also why do you have an eprom ecu and SAFC? Why not just get Ecmlink and tune with that.

Definitely post pics of the progress if you're following through with this- I'm interested in seeing how the exhaust will be routed and such.

Since your goal of 350whp is fairly modest, why not sell the Evo 20G to an Evo VIII / IX guy and buy yourself an Evo III 16G? You could probably offload the 20G for $500ish if it's in good shape and has the 10.5cm turbine housing, and it just so happens that FP has new Evo III 16G's on sale right now for the same price.

For a Evo 8 20G, you'll need a custom exhaust manifold, intercooler plumbing and downpipe.

I bought it of a guy who had it on a 2g so all that is done too. im just looking to see if anything else was needed... im also getting the ecmlink already

Definitely post pics of the progress if you're following through with this- I'm interested in seeing how the exhaust will be routed and such.

Since your goal of 350whp is fairly modest, why not sell the Evo 20G to an Evo VIII / IX guy and buy yourself an Evo III 16G? You could probably offload the 20G for $500ish if it's in good shape and has the 10.5cm turbine housing, and it just so happens that FP has new Evo III 16G's on sale right now for the same price.

Im really looking forward to the 20g thou because in the near future im swapping it to a 6 bolt im gone build to make more hp. So im keepeing it for now plus i got a great deal on it for just 350. The thing that has me worried and i know i can easily make more than 350 hp, its just that im scared that if i go any higher i might get the crankwalk... but if heard its really over rated.

If your getting a wideband, then the egt is not needed. You seem to have a good start on a parts list, but I would recomend getting ecmlink, and possibly bigger injectors. Headstuds may also become a necessity.

i have some 610 cc denso injectors would that make much of a diffrence??

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back