The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

evo3 with 550's

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirk3

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 25, 2004
pleasant hill, California
What kind of boost could I safely reach with 550's and a 190lph fuel pump. With stock exhaust.
Thanks for any advice..

22psi should be fine on the evo3 considering you have the means to tune it like a afc or dsmlink etc.

Ok what exhaust system would you suggest. It's pretty much a daily driver, and I have Ca smog laws to deal with.. Thanks for your responses..

22psi is going to be alot on 550's, I'd make sure you are checking your IDC if you are trying to run that much.

I was actually thinking more like 15-17 psi. I heard that is where the evo does really well. I just wanted to know what was the best way to get their without having to use dsmlink. I may in the future be interested in that but right now funds are limited. So if I could get their for around 500.00 I would be interested in the upgrade. If not I'll just wait..

I ran 24psi on my EVO3 last season on 550s. I ran a rewired stealth TT fuel pump, 45psi base pressure and my MAF-T. 0 counts of knock and the wideband was in a healthy spot throughout the RPM band at WOT.

L2RTSiAWD said:
22psi is going to be alot on 550's, I'd make sure you are checking your IDC if you are trying to run that much.

Not really i ran 22psi daily and i only saw idc's of about 85-90%. Of course you can consider that the limit i guess. Thats why its better to go with 650's

dirk3 said:
I was actually thinking more like 15-17 psi. I heard that is where the evo does really well. I just wanted to know what was the best way to get their without having to use dsmlink. I may in the future be interested in that but right now funds are limited. So if I could get their for around 500.00 I would be interested in the upgrade. If not I'll just wait..

Well you don't have to get dsmlink. The evo3 shines past 20psi so you know. Just get a used afc, pocketlogger, 190 fuel pump, and 550 injectors and you should be fine.

RavenX said:
Not really i ran 22psi daily and i only saw idc's of about 85-90%. Of course you can consider that the limit i guess. Thats why its better to go with 650's

Agreed, I like a little breathing room. :)

i have the 550s now and with stock smic i put down 260hp ant 275 tq, now have fmic, and more mods and i was running psi and i still am. the 550s will work but if you got maft and safc go with 650

550's will work with anything around 20psi if its tuned. though i wouldnt go above that on 550's unless youre gonna run 100 octane or above.

i run 550's right now at 20psi on a evo16g.

Thomas91169 said:
550's will work with anything around 20psi if its tuned. though i wouldnt go above that on 550's unless youre gonna run 100 octane or above.

i run 550's right now at 20psi on a evo16g.

You can go above it. You just have to watch the limits and have all the supporting mods. As for the supra smic its a waste of time don't bother with it. I had it a long time ago and i regretted it later on when i should of just gotten a fmic in the first place. Evo3 heatsoaked the supra smic at only 18psi and 2 hard wot runs just to give you an idea.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back