The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

EVO X thread new pics/press release

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VWvortex.com, Tamparacing.com, etc. Not exactly "rice" sites.

I like the car alot, and I especially like the color. I just don't think "Evolution" when I look at it though. It should have a big intercooler in the front too.

bhop said:
I like the car alot, and I especially like the color. I just don't think "Evolution" when I look at it though. It should have a big intercooler in the front too.
It might/could. Remember people this is just a CONCEPT.

I really like it. I think it would be amazing in black. The current evo is showing it's age. Can't wait to graduate so I can afford one :thumb:

Can't say I like it. It doesn't look anything like the current Evos and I have come to liking the way those look a lot. This concept really makes me not want to look forward to the next gen models. Kind of like eclipses' nowadays. I like 2g's way more than 3 or 4g's. I will probably like evo 8's and 9's way more than 10's.

Aside from the car having 4 doors I don't really see where you guys are getting the "Family Sedan" image from???

I agree that they are almost going for too much of an "aggressive" look but from what I see I like it a lot. I like everyone of those shots except the side profile. The side profile does kinda look like a Dodge or Pontiac or something. Aside from that angle I think the car looks great! I love the stance on it. :thumb:

You can definately see the 06 eclipse in that evo X. I like the headlights, but I think the whole front bumper could use some work. This will be a car where aftermarket body styling will change everyone's opinon on if they like the outward appearance or not.

Is it still the same platform on the inside? Thats what really counts. 4g63T???

hate it.

mitsubishi is in fact one of the worst car companies out there. They take good ideas and crap all over them, then they can't seem to market them right... go figure.

If they wanna boost sales they should release a 20th anniversary eclipse when it's time, styled like the 1g with some minor tweaks of course, throw the lovely 4g63t in there, hook it up with AWD and BAM! I think that would be a nice year in terms of profit for mitsu.

Oh, and the new evo doesn't have the 4g63t

endlessMyk said:
hate it.

mitsubishi is in fact one of the worst car companies out there. They take good ideas and crap all over them, then they can't seem to market them right... go figure.

If they wanna boost sales they should release a 20th anniversary eclipse when it's time, styled like the 1g with some minor tweaks of course, throw the lovely 4g63t in there, hook it up with AWD and BAM! I think that would be a nice year in terms of profit for mitsu.

Oh, and the new evo doesn't have the 4g63t

It has the chrysler/hyndai/mitsubishi combination world engine. Last time I checked it was suppose to be a 2.0 liter or a 2.4, I don't really remember. Hopefully they built it as strong as the 4g63 in the current evo and don't #### us over like the 7 bolt in the 2g's.

:mad: :notgood: :barf: :nono: :cry: :confused: did I make my point clear if not it kind of looks like the new mustang from the side, kinda like an rx8 in the rear, and the front is fugly (F#%*@$%ugly) on the other hand the hood is not that bad :notgood:

rampridersrider said:
Even though it may still put down the power to be a terror on the strip it reminds me of the what the 3G did to the Eclipse line. It made everyone lose respect for them and just thought of them as another ricer car.

Couldn't have said it better myself....I think we lost another one. :notgood:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Well, I for one like it, except for the tail lights / gas cap. It has aggression with a hint of luxury, i.e. the chrome around the doors and windows.

Here's a description:

X marks the Concept: Mitsubishi to show concept version of next-gen Lancer Evo at Tokyo show
AUTOWEEK
Posted Date: 9/28/05

Mitsubishi has plenty planned for the upcoming 39th Tokyo Motor Show, including the highly-anticipated world concept debut of its next-generation rally car.

The highlight of Mitsu's show stand will be Concept-X, which is basically the next-generation Lancer Evolution. The company will also show Concept-D:5, a go-anywhere, high-performance concept, a new-look Outlander and the new-age i minicar.

Concept-X is powered by a turbocharged 2.0-liter four mated to a clutchless six-speed auto-manual transmission controlled by paddle shifters mounted on the steering column.

The frame has been significantly stiffened, while the use of aluminum in the hood, trunk lid, fenders, roof and front and rear door panels reduces weight. Reducing weight in the roof and upper parts of the body helps lower the center of gravity, while weight reduction in the doors, engine hood, and trunk reduces the moment of inertia for better steerability.

Suspension is MacPherson strut at the front and a multi-link at the rear.

The on-board multimedia system includes a high-definition liquid crystal monitor providing real-time display of vehicle and the all-wheel-drive system's operating status while also displaying on-board navigation system maps and DVD audio controls. Rear seat passengers have their own liquid crystal display on the back of the front seats that allows them to share with the driver driving-related information and his/her fun-to-drive experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't anyone click the link on the first post of this freakin thread .... :confused:

What engine will it have???

Answer: "MITSUBISHI Concept-X is powered by a 2.0-liter 4-cylinder DOHC MIVEC intercooler-turbocharged engine that delivers instant response at all engine speeds with flat torque that keeps pulling up to the red line."

I really like it. the four door styles of the evo and wrx/sti just never looked good to me. they just looked boxy. this look actually flows.

but i also don't like the look of 1g's. to each their own.

honestly. that is one of the fugliest automobiles I have ever seen in my life

it looks like an srt-4/acura TL/bread box/short bus.........with downs syndrome

thats putting it nicely

MaNGiNa24 said:
Hopefully they built it as strong as the 4g63 in the current evo and don't #### us over like the 7 bolt in the 2g's.

It's Mitsubishi... what do you think they'll do??? :notgood:

Say what you want, I like it. Although honestly it doesn't get any better than this in my opinion.

i really dig the "mean" headlights

the front grill looks like one of those new audi's.

I like it overall...i would sport it

It's a friggin concept car.
It's badass lookin, and yes the gas fill door sucks arse, the middle scoop is ghey, that chrome sh!t on the door needs to go, paint the bumper from side to side, leave grill black, and change those damn tail lights are all valid necessary fixes.
But seriously though, when has a concept car ever been mas produced looking like the concept. There's maybe a handful or two out there, but that's it.
Honda's concept civic si looked pretty damn good, but have you seen the mass produced car? :barf:

Attachments

• 06 Si.jpg
    06 Si.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 348
  • Si Concept.jpg
    Si Concept.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 348
Strm Trpr said:
It's badass lookin, and yes the gas fill door sucks arse, the middle scoop is ghey, that chrome sh!t on the door needs to go, paint the bumper from side to side, leave grill black, and change those damn tail lights are all valid necessary fixes.
But seriously though, when has a concept car ever been mas produced looking like the concept. There's maybe a handful or two out there, but that's it.
Honda's concept civic si looked pretty damn good, but have you seen the mass produced car? :barf:

Those are pretty close :confused:

Obviously they can't make production cars look identical to the prototypes due to issues with crash compliance. Hell the civic prototype didn't even have door handles, I doubt we'll soon see a car w/o exterior door handles from the factory.

Yeah, I know, after looking at the two pics in the post, I said uh oh I'm in for it now.
I was anticpating get flamed a few times. Burn it down then.
Unsubscribe........

I like it!!

It looks like it is PIZZED-OFF, big time. It is alot more aggressive than the older models. The side looks like an RX-8 and the shape kinda reminds me of the new Lexus IS250.

Strm Trpr said:
But seriously though, when has a concept car ever been mas produced looking like the concept.

I think the new eclipse looks similar to their concept they showed the public. And the 350Z looked exactly like the Nissan Z concept when it came out.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back