The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G EVO VIII's Brembos

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkey_eclipse

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 25, 2002
Saint-Hubert_Quebec_Canada
Could anyone tell me if the braking system that is installed on the new EVO VIII can fit on a 2G? I use 17" wheels during the summer and stock 16" wheels during the winter. I don't think the 17" 'cause trouble for caliper clearance, but there's no way for me to find out if it will fit with my stock 16s since the EVO VIII is not available in Canada.

The kit comes with ventilated 12.?" disc with 4-piston caliper for the front wheels and 11.?" ventilated disc with 2-piston caliper for the rear wheels. The discs are not cross-drilled :cry:

Would it be possible for me to get them cross_drilled and zinc plated before I installed them?

Concerning the pads, I don't know if they're carbon-made or ceramic-made. Tell me if you know that answer!

Thanks!

L8ER! :dsm:

Yeah if anybody has any ideas I am interested too l want to install the rear brakes form the Evo VIII onto my 2g gsx. Anybody that knows any thing share your knowledge please!

I don't believe they will fit 16" wheels.

Hope you got some $$$ because walk in customer price on one front EVO VIII caliper is $1300. Maybe you can get them cheaper through Brmbo though?

Originally posted by monkey_eclipse

Concerning the pads, I don't know if they're carbon-made or ceramic-made. Tell me if you know that answer!

Neither. No one could afford to buy an Evo if they were.

I am running 18" wheels to clear my GREX Alcon front brake kit so clearance is not a problem, I work next to a mitsu dealership so I get a discount meaning price is not really a problem. I just need to know if there is a way to bolt up the rear brakes form the Evo VIII to my gsx because I need something in the rear to balance out the fornt brakes and the Evo VII calipers looked real good.

Checked them side by side today (97GSX/04EvoVIII)

They will not bolt up. It would seriously be cheaper to go with Big Brembo or Baer package made for your car. My cost is $873 a caliper & thats mitsu employee pricing. Just buy a big brake kit and powdercoat the calipers whatever color you want.

And the 16" wheel reply was for the person who started the post:)

Would any Big Brake kit fit under stock 16" wheels? I really can't drive with 17" wheels over the winter. It's too expensive and nobody wants to destroy a wheel with calcium (I'm not saying calcium affects the wheels. It just makes it look dirty permanently.) or any slight ding due to a sliding car.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back