The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

EVO VIII hotside on an EVO III 16g = twin scroll EVO III 16g?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TsiJohn333

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 25, 2010
Goffstown, New_Hampshire
My friend has a blown evo 8 turbo he gave to me with a evo 8 exhaust manifold. Now im just CURIOUS, will the hotside of the evo 8 turbo bolt up to a evo iii turbo. I think it would be cool to have a twin scroll evo iii turbo. OF COURSE i would need a custom o2 housing which is no big deal. Any thought and opinions? Again im just curious :hmm:

Can you explain why it wouldnt work?

Ever look at an Evo VIII 16G and take notice of how it spins the opposite direction?

That.

You'd have to use an Evo X turbine housing to do this, but the Evo X turbine housing won't fit a DSM 16G center housing....so you'd have to put a DSM 16G rotating assembly inside an Evo X center housing.

A blown Evo VIII 16G is literally worth scrap considering a perfectly good used Evo VIII 16G sells for around $150.

Well first off that turbine housing is made to make the compressor face towards the driver side of the car, so you would have to flip it 180 degrees which would put the turbo right up into the radiator. Second, it will not bolt to the stock style manifold. 3rd, the evo8 turbo spins the opposite direction so the turbine fins face the other way.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back