The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Evo VII twin scroll Vs Evo III big 16G

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4G63Trinidad

Probationary Member
Jan 29, 2004
Trinidad WI, Central_America
hey guys,
I hear ppl talking about just how great the evo iii big 16G is,
how does it compare to the evo vii GSR turbo? I have the option to use either on my VR4 motor.

I also have the evo vii manifold to use as well.

thanks guys.

They basically use the same compressor. But the exhaust housing is larger on the VII. If it will fit, go with the twin scroll version from the VII.

ShapeGSX said:
They basically use the same compressor. But the exhaust housing is larger on the VII. If it will fit, go with the twin scroll version from the VII.

yeah it will fit,
just have to move the alternator though, since the turbo would fall right on it.
my setup is rearwheel drive by the way so there's no problem with relocating.

I guess the bigger housing would aid in top end EG flow, and the twin scroll design would improve spool, so it just might be the better of the two, even though they carry the same compressor.

thanks man.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back