The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

EVO shift knob

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ed_GST

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 22, 2008
Gurnee, Illinois
This my review of the EVO VIII Shift Knob
Stock:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

EVO:

Go it for $30 shipped brand new

My opinion:
It's really an upgrade, with the EVO knob you feel more control of the shift level.
Also it's shorter than the stocker and complete bolt on. For me it looks better and blends with the stock interior.
If you want a cheap, good looking, stock appearance upgrade of your shift knob, this is the way to go.

I'm going out on a limb on this one, but I'm guessing the Mitsu dealer? :)

I have one of these in my 1g. I had the knob you had before, and I like the Evo knob a lot more. It has the feel of a ball, but it's not. Awesome for banging gears IMO.

Lemme guess, weight reduction and 30whp and 30lb/tq were gained with this mod.

Am I close?

Lemme guess, weight reduction and 30whp and 30lb/tq were gained with this mod.

Am I close?

Almost
Except for the 30whp and 30lb/tq
But there will be plenty more than that when the EVO III 16G arrives

SBR Install kit arrived today :hellyeah:

but thats just another topic

BTW i know is not a BIG deal changing a shift knob but why spend on aftermarket ones
when u can stay with OEM fitment and quality

The 3/S platform has the heavyweight shift knob. MachV sells it, 3SX sells it, etc. etc. I wanted the Evo Shift Knob, but every dealer around me wanted 50+ for it, even with my commercial account. I like the heavy (14-16 oz) shift knob more, it acts as a counterweight so to speak. And it has a different grip than the stocker. Anything in this case is better than stock, as far as shift knobs go.

Looks like the shift knob I saw some girl sitting on:hmm:. In some "video" out there on the web...
Lemme tell ya she was definatly shifting the gears! :thumb:

Nice mod tho.. Looks good.

damn you i love the evo shift knob. i dont even have to read your review to know. as soon as i drove an EVO its nice!

i highly recommend it.

I would trade my Greddy counterweight shift know for the leather wrap evo shift knob. and the greddy cost more!

you can get one for free if you go to a mitsu dealer and sit in an EVO that has one hah jk..

This my review of the EVO VIII Shift Knob
Stock:

EVO:

Go it for $30 shipped brand new

My opinion:
It's really an upgrade, with the EVO knob you feel more control of the shift level.
Also it's shorter than the stocker and complete bolt on. For me it looks better and blends with the stock interior.
If you want a cheap, good looking, stock appearance upgrade of your shift knob, this is the way to go.

I just put my Evo VIII shift knob on my stock shifter and there's about a 1/2 inch gap between the bottom of the shift knob and the top of my shift boot. Do you have an aftermarket short shifter?

Probably, but I noticed when you pull up the shift boot on the stock shifter with the Evo knob, it stretches and gets really tight when you shift to 1st, 3rd, or 5th. Shouldn't a short shifter shorten the height of the knob and fix this problem?

i bought one off ebay for like 32 shipped last month. rochester ny mitsu dealer wanted 93 and some change for a evo knob LOL

Probably, but I noticed when you pull up the shift boot on the stock shifter with the Evo knob, it stretches and gets really tight when you shift to 1st, 3rd, or 5th. Shouldn't a short shifter shorten the height of the knob and fix this problem?

Short shifters don't necessarily shorten the height of the shifter. I haven't actually measured one against stock, but I know mine wasn't much shorter if at all, I ended up cutting it and re-welding to get the height shorter.

i bought one off ebay for like 32 shipped last month. rochester ny mitsu dealer wanted 93 and some change for a evo knob LOL

Yeah I bought mine for the same price off of eBay, probably from the same member. LOL. The dealership here by Seattle wanted $115 for it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back