The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G EVO rear upgrade with dust shields

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bedicine

Proven Member
Jan 3, 2022
Toronto, ON_Canada
Hello,

Getting ready to do the rear evo upgrade on a 2g and have a new set of dustshields. Is the only option to run a parking brake with the evo rears to cut the lip off of the dust shield?

I can't answer that question, but have you considered just not running the dust shields? As long as you keep the brake lines secured so they won't get close to the rotor you really don't need them.

If I don’t run the dust shield I wouldn’t have a parking break which I need for safety in Canada and a manual car something I’d prefer to have

Didn’t see any welds on the back. Was wondering if I could just cut this lip off

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

i think i see the welds everyone was mentioning. little circles closer to the inside going around. wondering if i drill that if the dust shield would just seperate

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back