The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Evo personal best 60'

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timeslips attached

Attachments

• 60'.jpg
    60'.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 251
like i said above i shut it down as soon as i hit third gear so i never made full runs

HighPSI TSi Guy said:
you must have missed the explanation that 8.77 ET, 152mph, and .98 60 foot actually matches mathematically. i can see one beam being tripped, but the chances of both beams being tripped and mathematically correct is so little it won't happen.

Liam is very good at launching, i'd believe a freak 1.4x out of his car

It's impossible.

Pro-mod cars don't even cut those times.

Adam's car ET's good because of his dogbox. Car sounds like an auto going down the track on a good day because of the very fast shift times.

..and unless you do it twice, it doesn't mean jack shit.

Carry on kids.

went to the track last week and cut 1.6x's again, no 1.42. Timing error or what I'm not sure. But I haven't backed it up.....yet. Until I do, I will say it was a fluke run, timing error and whatever. Next track day is Import vs Domestics. Lookign for mid 11s.
Anyone know whats the fastest time run on for evo viii on the stock turbo?

wow 11.5, nicely done! i'm hoping to be right around there in a month or two.
stock clutch though? i'm doubting that since mine was toast with one launch and only 286 to the wheels

If you drag race a lot you know you can't claim something like that without backing it up.

Remember when RMR had their evo that dropped from a mid 11 down to a mid 10 second pass but they could never back it up. He kept listing it has the worlds fastest evo8, even though it was a bunk time.

That is similar to a 1.4 60 foot time. Definantly just a timing error.

1.4's would lift the front wheels in rear wheel drive car. In an awd car you would have to have a lot of suspension mods and some very stick tires, not to mention some major power.

al friedman with the dynoflash evo which ran a best of 10.57 (its in the 10s i believe thats his best time) his best 60' last i knew was 'only' a 1.58 on street tires. he has over 600hp out of the crank and a $2000 clutch.
I was lookign at my timeslips from other runs and saw i had a faster 330 time on my 1.6x 60' so i then realized it was a timing error. So I'll just be happy with my 1.655 60' and continue from there. My next goal for 60' is 1.59

ldstang50 said:
wow 11.5, nicely done! i'm hoping to be right around there in a month or two.
stock clutch though? i'm doubting that since mine was toast with one launch and only 286 to the wheels

Please don't doubt about the stock clutch, it's well known he was on the stock clutch, once he puts something decent in there, he will be even faster.

The man has done unbelievable things in the DSM world, and only is correct to say he'll do the same with his EVO.

All this info is on the EVOM boards as well.

I doubt the stock clutch cause I know how weak it is. He must be walking it off the line then. His trap of 119 corresponds very closely to a car hooking up that runs 11.5s though. Is he running a stock pressure plate with a 6 puck clutch? Or is he running a stock clutch with an aftermarket pressure plate, or is it ALL stock? If its ALL stock how many times has he replaced it?

ldstang50 said:
al friedman with the dynoflash evo which ran a best of 10.57 (its in the 10s i believe thats his best time) his best 60' last i knew was 'only' a 1.58 on street tires. he has over 600hp out of the crank and a $2000 clutch.
I was lookign at my timeslips from other runs and saw i had a faster 330 time on my 1.6x 60' so i then realized it was a timing error. So I'll just be happy with my 1.655 60' and continue from there. My next goal for 60' is 1.59

Glad to see you have some common sense, more than I can say for some of your nutswingers in this thread :rolleyes:

ldstang50 said:
I doubt the stock clutch cause I know how weak it is. He must be walking it off the line then. His trap of 119 corresponds very closely to a car hooking up that runs 11.5s though. Is he running a stock pressure plate with a 6 puck clutch? Or is he running a stock clutch with an aftermarket pressure plate, or is it ALL stock? If its ALL stock how many times has he replaced it?

It's all stock. I never said it was holding up well, or he liked it. It's never been replaced. He told me it slips going up hills on the highway, etc.

To his defense, the first time he raced it was at the DSM Shootout at Norwalk, this is when he set the record.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=96841&page=1&highlight=curt+brown

and a link to his profile:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/member.php?userid=21173

sorry guys didnt realize gsxrated was logged in. ldstang50 writes: Wow very impressive! 1.68 on stock clutch! I'd really like to know how he launches the car like that! I pull 1.655 with ACT 2600, I bet he could pull 1.5s with my car. AEM EMS makes a HUGE difference in the evo's. I'm hoping to break that record in Nov. I'm getting 272/272 cams, headbolts, headgasket, adj cam gears, kev timing belt and few other goodies. I'm still on the stock turbo with stock exhaust manifold.
Very impressed by those times. How many times has he changed the clutch? LOL Sorry for doubting, that almost sounds like one in a million with how crappy the clutch is.
Until Nov. 7th guys wish me luck. 11.58 or bust!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back