The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

EVO III Tranny / Transaxel gear ratio.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmader

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 28, 2005
Grants Pass, Oregon
I have a question about the compatability of an EVO I-III transaxel fitting in a 1G 91-90 AWD. I know the final drive must match. I have found genral specs for VR4's and GVR4/EVO to match up to the 1g specs. But is this true?

I have looked around the forums and have found inconclusive evidance of it working, and not working.

Regaldless of you knowing the awnser, can you help me find some specs on this.

In question.
Both Tcase and Transaxel from an EVOIII fit into an 1G AWD?

I have a question about the compatability of an EVO I-III transaxel fitting in a 1G 91-90 AWD. I know the final drive must match. I have found genral specs for VR4's and GVR4/EVO to match up to the 1g specs. But is this true?

I have looked around the forums and have found inconclusive evidance of it working, and not working.

In question.

You may want to know the gear ratios of the Lancer Evolution III (the below info is taken from this site):

First - 2.750
Second - 1.684
Third - 1.160
Fourth - 0.862
Fifth - 0.617
Reverse - 3.166
Final Drive - 5.433

In all reality, I think it would create more hassles than benefits. You would be much happier sending your transmission over to Shepherd and have him work on it than to try and be a pioneer for this sort of thing.

Are you positive?
EVO 1-III gear boxes have same ratio's.
The final drive on that seems a little low.
Is there any other sites that list the specs?

It's just that right now I can pick one up cheeper then a rebuild or a recking yard.

I am doing the same thing for my 2g. I picked up an evo1 tranny/t-case/ring-n-pinion. My friend has an evo1 and the close ratio gear setup is so amazing.

He actually swapped all his parts to an evo3 setup so I picked up his low mileaged tranny/t-case for cheap and bought the ring-n-pinion setup from an importer.

I am doing the same thing for my 2g. I picked up an evo1 tranny/t-case/ring-n-pinion. My friend has an evo1 and the close ratio gear setup is so amazing.

He actually swapped all his parts to an evo3 setup so I picked up his low mileaged tranny/t-case for cheap and bought the ring-n-pinion setup from an importer.

PMing you.........3............2............1........... now.

In question.

The gearing is different than the 1g's you'd need a rear diff with matching gears.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back