The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

evo III 16g?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skate enjoi

Banned Member
Sep 29, 2004
niles, Michigan
how can i tell if my turbo is an evo II 16g and not just stock or just a regular 16g without having to do a lot of work.... if possible? please let me know thanks

Myke Coxlong said:
yes on the exhaust side the oulet cast is circular instead of square

i'm not totally understanding what you're saying. Do you have pictures that show this?

CyberEye said:
i'm not totally understanding what you're saying. Do you have pictures that show this?

I think what he is talking about is the turbine housing inlet. On the small & big 16g's its a square shape around where the housing bolts to the exhaust manifold. On the EVOIII its rounded. Kinda hard to explain, this link should help you out:

http://www.slowboyracing.com/evo16g.htm

You can also tell by looking at the turbine housing outlet. On the big & small 16g its kinda straignt & on the evo its rounded. You should be able to make sense of this by looking at the pics on the bottom of the page.

If the turbo is out of the car you can also tell by measuring the turbine outlet. On the reg 16g's its 2" & on the EVOIII its 2.5". You can also tell by a number thats stamped on the comp housing, but off the top of my head I can't remember what number is for what turbo, maybe someone else can help you out.

allright thanks, I see what you mean now. Now too bad there wasn't an easy way like that to tell between a small and big 16g

CyberEye said:
allright thanks, I see what you mean now. Now too bad there wasn't an easy way like that to tell between a small and big 16g

You can tell the difference between the small & big by one of the numbers that is stamped on the comp housing, but I dont remember what they are.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back