The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

EVO III 16G Turbo

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Psyclone

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 22, 2012
Waco, Texas
Ok, So I just bought a Evo 3 16G turbo from a friend. I have several questions about where to go from here.

1. It has a minimal bit of back and forth shaft play but no side to side shaft play. Should I take it apart and port and polish every thing and fix the shaft play?

2. What company makes the best adapter kit for the 2gb GSX?

3. Should I leave it as an external type waste gate (have to get the parts for it) Or should I see if I can find a original internal waste gate actuator to use the internal function?

Thanks

i would say go ahead and keep the external setup for the wastegate if you got the funds, because the e316g likes to boost creep.

In and out play is a no no. Depending on how much in and out there is, you may already need a compressor wheel. Either rebuild it, or get it rebuilt. . .

i would say go ahead and keep the external setup for the wastegate if you got the funds, because the e316g likes to boost creep.

Guess I'll start looking for the parts, any suggestions? (Don't have a lot of funds, but I can save for things, and I believe in doing it right the first time.)

Also, I am starting to disassemble it today, also buying a rebuild kit, going to port and polish it to. Will post pictures (warning, it may take some time due to my work schedule. :ohdamn:)

I found that on classifieds you can find a 38mm tial ewg for like 75-150ish and then the external wastegate flanged o2 housing can be had for like 150 if you find a good deal.

If you've got that thing disassembled, would you mind getting a measurement for me? I'd like to know the diameter of the turbine or chra flange that joins the two together. I'm pretty sure it's 3" but don't have one in front of me to verify.

Measurement similar to this:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

id so some fuel mods/ wideband, dsmlink, before jus throwing this turbo on your car,

Fuel will upgrade to a 450 Walbro, 750 injectors, and a new regulator or some variety.

will be installing glow shift: boost, EGT, and oil pressure gauges. Also installing an Auto Meter A/F ratio gauge.

DSM link

EVO III Intake Manifold and throttle body, and a VRSF FMIC.

DNP Exhaust header with tiAl external waste gate.

The 450 pump is a little over kill.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back