The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

EVO III 16G supporting mods?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1991TalonAWD

Probationary Member
Jan 6, 2012
Chesterfield, Missouri
I have a 1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD that I am about to start working on and I am looking at getting a little larger turbo and will be doing some needed work to the car at the same time as in timing belt, replace hoses, possibly wires, and change all of the fluids to AMSOIL products. I know a boost gauge is recommended as well and that will be installed before I do a complete teardown to make sure it works.

My main thing is what is recommended to be done to ensure safe use? I know the internals will more than likely be alright, but should I redo anything in the fuel system or anything of that sort?

And is the SMIC still alright to use or should I use a FMIC? I am not looking for top power right now, just a little more fun for the time being until I can save up enough for a rotating assembly and head work.

Thanks for any advice you have to give me and I have been looking on here and can't seem to find anything that works for the 6 bolts for the most part.

An afc will compensate 50% lager injectors over stock. So it could tune 750's in just fine (with a 16g on stock compression) if you know what you're doing. Now would a higher compression motor on pump gas with a bigger turbo work with an afc? Most likely not but that's not what he wants nor is he asking for that. So lets not argue over the obvious here.

evo 560s wideband, safc if your on a budget or just do injectors its a great match for your turbo I had that once and a logger for bit it worked out great for the time being.

evo 560s wideband, safc if your on a budget or just do injectors its a great match for your turbo I had that once and a logger for bit it worked out great for the time being.

I rest my point... and if you aren't lazy and search ebay and craigslist you will find the deals pretty ####in quick.

If your power goals are limited along with your budget go with the safc..

If you plan on making great power easily, get link.

If you aren't lazy, get a quick job/gig and spend the extra cash on Link and make your life easier.

Nuff said, i rest my point.

Thanks guys really do appreciate it.

I will definitely save up for link and wait to do anything crazy as far as increasing boost or anything of that sort until I get link and some more money.

The getting an extra gig would be nice if I had time for it. I am a full time student with 20 credit hours, work two part time jobs, and help take care of family members so any extra time goes into my garage/driveway tickering with my DD until I get parts for my talon.

Thanks guys really do appreciate it.

I will definitely save up for link and wait to do anything crazy as far as increasing boost or anything of that sort until I get link and some more money.

The getting an extra gig would be nice if I had time for it. I am a full time student with 20 credit hours, work two part time jobs, and help take care of family members so any extra time goes into my garage/driveway tickering with my DD until I get parts for my talon.

:hellyeah: :applause: Slow and steady wins the race pal! No reason to rush your build, it'll get there :)

Yeah that's why I am going to save up for most stuff.
But a lot of my money will go towards another vehicle, but the talon will be made into a fun DD capable car.

V3 Lite if V3 Full is too steep and you are sure about only going to a 16G.

You know what's lazy? Skimping on the single most important component of modifying your car (EMS) for performance to save an amount of money that is peanuts in the long run.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back