The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Evo III 16g oil feed restrictor???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ppayer38

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 1, 2009
Smithfield, Virginia
Well ive searched and searched and I keep comingup with the samething over and over which is inconsistance answers for my question. Maybe im just searching the wrong thing but ive heard I dont need one and that I do need one but it is already in place... Ive got a SS oil feed line out of the ExtremePSI 16g V2 install kit that run from the oil filter housing to the turbo.
What restrictor do I need for the install of my Evo III 16g so I dont ruin it?

Thanks for all input and anything else or trick I may need to know for this install please go ahead and put them here!
*If it helps im ungrading and replacing everything with EvoIII manifold and turbo and o2 housing, all gaskets, all hoses, all bolts, all washers, all studs, plus studs for the manifold and rtv were its needed

why dont you just run the oil feed from the head? Thats all you need to do I dont know why you would run more oil then you need to the 16g. I would just say run it from the head and dont worrie about the headache..... Oh by the way you would need a ristrictor and some do come with the ristrictors already in but some dont.

Well is there anyway to check and see if it has a restrictor in it? I thought about running it from the head but then The line came with the kit so i figured why not.

well if it came with the kit then thats a plus I guess the only way to find out is just look at the details on the kit or contact the seller. The ristrictor wont be inside the actuall line but it will be the fitting that gose on the oil filter housing.

I have the same kit and run it from the filter housing with no problems.

Well I looked at the line and it does neck down on both end so im guessing that it will work since it is proven it seems but am going to contact ExtremePSI to make sure everything is A OK. Guess I am just wanting it to be perfect since im slowly replacing everything with new and dont want any problems haha

well if everyone says they have the same kit and it works grate then you should be fine

Youll be ok, i know the feeling, my car is under the knife, over the years its had just about everything replaced or fixed, engine rebuilt, trans, and everything from altenator to the starter. Good luck.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back