The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

EVO here i come...?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboBlue

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 25, 2002
Canton, Connecticut
My car got taken to the new local Mitsu dealer yesterday to get all fixed up and what not....and i was talking to the manager about how im at Wyotech right now and blah blah blah, basically, he offered me a job for when i get done in Sep. So that means maybe by the end of this year i can be driving an EVO, everyone keep their fingers crossed :thumb:

Here's the deal.....UTI recruits people from Wyotech, they try to get us like its their job....nothing against UTI, but WTI is deffinately a better school...

If you do decide to give Wyotech a try, im going to be honest with you, dont beleive what the recruiter that comes to your house tells you. You cant work on your car all the time, you dont get $5000 worth of Snap-on Tools when you leave, here is the real story on it.

When you first get there, you're going to think "Damn, this school is strict" but there is a reason, CEO's and VP's from Nissan, Toyota, GM etc are on campus all the time, and they want the school, as well as the students to look professional. There are rules, no earings or anything of the such, you have to shave every day, hair has to be neat and cut, sideburns straight and no lower then your ears, shirts tucked in and buttoned up, sounds like a lot, but it really isnt that bad. As far as the tools, you and one other person share a $5000 set of snap on tools for when you are in the shop. But they stay there, they dont leave with you...and you can work on your car...the last 2 days of the phase if you have perfect attendance and less then 10 pts taken off. If you go in the shop, you will spend 45 minutes or so cleaning it at the end of the day. Cars out, swept, hosed, soaped, rinsed and squeegied (sp).

You do learn a lot, if you want to. School is very fast paced and a lot of material is covered. At first your gonna think "this place sucks i want to go home" but you'll start to realize just how good of a school it is. And the name sais a lot. I've only been there for 3 months, but i've already been offered a job based on the school i go to. If you would really like to make something out of working on cars, i deffinately suggest it. Like ive been saying, they are professional, and want you to be to. Most of the instructors are very laid back and will joke around and be your friend...i'm really good friends with my instructor from the 1st 12 weeks.

So thats the real story. Sorry for the long post but i figure its good info for anyone thats interested. If you have any more ?'s PM me or hit me up on AIM, hope i can help...

sounds awesome turboblue!

THat sucks about gettin all freshend up to go work on cars and such. Ill just stick to workin on my car in the garage and scratchin my ass :thumb: .

don't forget about the nuts....gotta scratch the nuts some times.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back