The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Evo exhaust mani.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91TSI505

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 10, 2003
Albuquerque, New_Mexico
I am going to buy the EVO exhaust manifold......now will the manifold bolt right uo to a 16g with no porting or anything?Or do i need to port everything?Thanks

yes it will bolt right up, it is already matched to the 7cm housing of the 16g, but you could still gain from porting it a little and getting rid of the edge in the collector area

i have another question about this, im planing on getting the evo mani because i figure the larger runners will be better(and probally allow for more porting) for the huge turbo im planing on getting latter on down the line, my question is how will it bolt up to the turbo on my 1g(im not planing on putting on with my stock 14b but if my mani cracks or something i may be forced to), do i need a kit(like the one to put a 14b on a 2g) to put it on my 1g becuse its the same as a 2g mani, or will everything bolt up fine?

You have a 1g. It is a direct bolt in. the manifold is not why the 2g requires a kit.

Originally posted by Cirus_93TSI
i have another question about this, im planing on getting the evo mani because i figure the larger runners will be better(and probally allow for more porting) for the huge turbo im planing on getting latter on down the line, my question is how will it bolt up to the turbo on my 1g(im not planing on putting on with my stock 14b but if my mani cracks or something i may be forced to), do i need a kit(like the one to put a 14b on a 2g) to put it on my 1g becuse its the same as a 2g mani, or will everything bolt up fine?

What is this large turbo you plan on getting?

thanks, i dont have alot of expirance with 1gs, every dsm iv worked on was a 2g, thats what many of my friends have, but i liked the 1st gens much better so thats what i bought, and the exhaust mani on the 2gs look different from mine, so i figured id make sure
and im planning on getting the fp3065, for that much power i know i will have to do alot of porting, that y i want an evo mani

If you go that big, you will want a tubular manifold.

I third that. But they're expensive as hell, although they add a whole lotta bling under there too :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back