The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

EVO 8 smokes 03 cobra *cheers*

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Originally posted by rdrkt

Just because some idiot cant doesnt run the times doesnt mean someone with skill cant.

best quote EVER.

ahhh i love the internet where the exceptions are always the RULE.

All thoughts aside, it's an entertaining video with some of the best after race footage I've seen..
Street racing in a parking lot... dumb
Thinking the EVO would waste the 03 Cobra ... hmmm?
Watching a nut "air hump" after the race ... Priceless

Also, might want to check the main site for this link since it's got some good footage and a trailer of their upcoming film... Bewarned, the trailer has teets and stuff so not work safe as I just found out at work with chick sitting next to me.. Oops..

I dont think the cobra is gonna just "rape" te evo in the 1/4. The evos run like mid 13s.

That's a 2 second difference. Think about how far a car travels in 2 seconds at 100mph. Then edit your post. :p

Originally posted by f4st

Kevin you have no clue what you are talking about. You can hit mid 11s with a 100-125 shot (or a new supercharger pulley) and drag radials or 12s all day stock or with drag radials. EVO is a tight car dont get me wrong but I would definetly not consider that a kill.

LMFAO!!!! I never said a modified 03 COBRA couldnt run 11's. I have a couple friends running that WITHOUT juice. No one was talking to you.

Just shut up and crawl back in your hole you noob.

And wow a 10 second stang. My buddies friend dan is running 9 with his stang: http://www.turbosn95.com/dan/dan952.mpg

Whats your point? Your on a DSM website. Everyone knows the 03 has potential as does any car that is built right and has the right power adders. Go home.

Originally posted by curtis_rak
The most entertaining part of the video was when, at the end, the guy in the white shirt runs out and does the "air-hump"

teh funny

no shit! hahahahahaha!!!

Originally posted by Kevin90GSX

Not easily man. Trust it takes a little more then stock to run 12's with those cars.

See youre wrong, it can run 12s STOCK. Any car that can run mid 11s with a 100 shot will hits 12s with out it most likely. Ive owned a s/c'ed cobra before and loved it. Cant I like dsms too?

I just looked in my mustangs and fast fords magazine. 03 bone stock hit the 1/4 at 12.43 and at 114 mph. Im not hating on the evo at all, they are both bad ass cars. Go home.

I think the 03' cobras are awesome and would take one in a heartbeat for their potential. Though I like the EVO 8 more, it also has a ton of potential. Put the cobra and the EVO 8 on a mountain road and let them race......see who wins:cool:

I think the 03' cobras are awesome and would take one in a heartbeat for their potential. Though I like the EVO 8 more, it also has a ton of potential. Put the cobra and the EVO 8 on a mountain road and let them race......see who wins:cool:

The Evo 8 is lower than a Vette, and the 03 Cobra's are right up on ZO6s in performance. For 30K+ cars, the Cobra is an awesome deal. Plus if you want AWD 4G63T power, why not get a 97-99 DSM? Stupid place to race. Air humpin' is all the rage now!!!

<Goes to hump some nice air outside my room>
:thumb:

Originally posted by Groomz
The Evo 8 is lower than a Vette, and the 03 Cobra's are right up on ZO6s in performance. For 30K+ cars, the Cobra is an awesome deal. Plus if you want AWD 4G63T power, why not get a 97-99 DSM? Stupid place to race. Air humpin' is all the rage now!!!

<Goes to hump some nice air outside my room>
:thumb:

You are completely retarded if you think the crappy 2G Eclipse chassis and 7 bolt can compete with the EVO chassis and the revised tranny/engine, unless you spend a LOT of money.

And now lets take it down a notch and look at some numbers....

For starters ( and slow kids )
New Evo 8 ( thats a Mitsubishi just to let ya know )..........30K
1997 Eclipse GSX ( same as above )..............................12K
You now have 18K to spend on the crap 2G DSM.
Some 50 trim "pump gas king" turbo
Full 3 in. exhaust
DSMlink
J&S Knock
Some bling racing seats
Injectors
Yada Yada Yada ( this is where this keyboard racer is drowned out by his own raving )

The end of this tale is that you drop about 18K on a 2G AWD and you can take more than just Evo 8s.

And now lets take it down a notch and look at some numbers....

For starters ( and slow kids )
New Evo 8 ( thats a Mitsubishi just to let ya know )..........30K
1997 Eclipse GSX ( same as above )..............................12K
You now have 18K to spend on the crap 2G DSM.
Some 50 trim "pump gas king" turbo
Full 3 in. exhaust
DSMlink
J&S Knock
Some bling racing seats
Injectors
Yada Yada Yada ( this is where this keyboard racer is drowned out by his own raving )

The end of this tale is that you drop about 18K on a 2G AWD and you can take more than just Evo 8s.

But what about the father who loves to drag race but still needs room for a wife and children?

J&S Knock
Why in the world would you put a expensive J&S knock link on a car that already has an overactive knock sensor?

Start with any car and a sack of cash and you will ALWAYS be better off then the stock car it’s a stupid comparison. I could buy a 5 liter Mustang for 4k in NICE condition and take 26k and build a world beater. That doesn’t make it a valid comparison with an EVO.

I am just glad to see that the world is waking up and building automobiles for the true inthusist. These are wonderful times. At least for a change we can argue about exotic imports that are the shiz AND they are availible in the U.S.:thumb:
By all rights however, I would hope that the Mustang could beat an Evo in a drag race because that is it's Americain heritage and that is what is made to do. Go fast in a strait line. Now on a race track, or wait a dirt race track, even better a snowy/icy race track. Game over; the Evo is going to obliterate the stang every time.;)
I hope that everyone realizes I am talking about these cars in stock form, for the record.

LOL J&S safeguard is great!!! To lose power that is!!! I have a better mod!! Just trow away that damn stock knock sensor and tune safely. Really the knock sensor is a bad thing...

Was that a 1/32 mile drag race? They hit the brakes before even hitting second.

Originally posted by goose_

But what about the father who loves to drag race but still needs room for a wife and children?

Galant VR4 :thumb:

on a side note,i think that mustang launched pretty damn well.. i'm thinking drag radials?
the EVO is a great car,i love it. you can't compare these two cars,they are in two different categories.. but lets face it.. if the cobra was allowed tire changes for different tests,the EVO would'nt be able to touch it in any comparison. (besides maybe the slalom.)

Originally posted by rdrkt

Start with any car and a sack of cash and you will ALWAYS be better off then the stock car it’s a stupid comparison. I could buy a 5 liter Mustang for 4k in NICE condition and take 26k and build a world beater. That doesn’t make it a valid comparison with an EVO.

Dave,your car owns without a sack of cash.. i had the identical car in stock trim, till black ice at 60mph.. when i find that sack of cash,i am finding another and building it very similar to yours.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back