The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

EVO 8 smokes 03 cobra *cheers*

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you look closely..........the Cobra catches up(and actually pases him) at the end of the race/vid.

According to the video maker, they both were stock. Eventhoough I like EVO's alot, I would not mind having an 03 Cobra myself.

jdms hate of mustangs blinds him to the truth. even a heavily modded evo couldnt TOUCH a lightly modded 03 cobra. for $1500 you can have an 03 cobra put well over 500 to the wheels.

yes..the evo was modded..u didnt see all those STICKERS all over it? hahah...! and yea..wasnt really fair..it was like a 1/8 mile race and awd>rwd if its that short of a race..i still love evos thoe!

I love my DSM, but oh how I wish I had an 03 Cobra. I would take off the stock routes type blower and have a turbo setup made for it...then again, I could just put on a Kenne Belle and be done with it.

Originally posted by NewB2dsm
that = the ### of the ### Yea a 0- 70 mph sprint in a parking lot with people all around WOOOHOO go f2f :rolleyes:

what the hell, did they even get to get out of second gear?? parking lot racing LOL

BTW, the cobra would of raped the shit out of that car in a 1/4.

I don't like mustangs much, but I do love the whine of that supercharger combined with the roar of a v8...

As far as the race goes, the cobra didn't even get good traction at all. On streets with any high hp rwd car you won't really start pulling hard until 3rd gear at least, and I don't even think they got out of second. I agree that in a 1/4 the evo would have lost bad.

Just another example of AWD goodness to us :thumb: Had it been from a roll the stang would of blown the EVO out of the water, atleast judging by this video. Of course without knowledge of the two setups all I could say is good victory by the Lancer.

The guy who comes out and starts humping the air in the video looks goofy as hell.

i was surprised at how the soft the cobra looked suspension wise compared to the evo. i would like to see a shoot out on a road coarse or a drag race with equal horse power. it was an interesting video, thanks.

do you know what city that was filmed in? i have some videos of races in dallas, i will put them up if i can ever find out how to get 8mm tape on the computer,LOL.

Originally posted by CleanGS97
the air hump was hella funny.... maybe he had a wedgie.. u know u cant pick those in public......

kinda reminded me of an NFL referee "Goooooooaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllll"

at first i was like, damn that guy is on crack! yes it seems as that is the universal gesture for rape

i doubt that any one there was sober enough to tell when the cobra passed the evo.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back