The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Evo 8 Maf and injectors in 2g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TehRiceBandit

Proven Member
Dec 12, 2013
Bay Area, California
Before you flame me. I've been searching for information for awhile on this swap. So far, I haven't found any definitive answers.

My question is by swapping the evo 8 maf and injectors into a 2g will the car run relatively smoothly and safely to daily? Looking for someone who has done this for some input. I don't have a wideband or logger but I'll be doing a Dyno next month and it will have a A/f reading so I'll be able to test it.

To make the most of it it would be better to use an Evo 5 onwards Ecu as well. Not sure how well it would work on your standard ECU?

Before you flame me. I've been searching for information for awhile on this swap. So far, I haven't found any definitive answers.

My question is by swapping the evo 8 maf and injectors into a 2g will the car run relatively smoothly and safely to daily? Looking for someone who has done this for some input. I don't have a wideband or logger but I'll be doing a Dyno next month and it will have a A/f reading so I'll be able to test it.

There are a couple of users who have done this swap without (much, if any) additional tuning - but they also had Link/ECUflash. Does that mean that it will be safe for every car? No.
Did each of the folks who've done it take readings, make logs and investigate if it was safe for their cars before using it? Yes.

It's a fine road to go but I can't recommend it without a logger/wb02, especially if you're going to put it on the dyno to find out.

Like said above, you might as well swap in an Evo VIII ECU while you're at it. It will save you some headaches. Plus the ability to go with any injector and tune easily and cheaply.

Evo 560 injectors have zero dead time like the stock 450's. With the extra flow reading in the 3g maf (what the EVO has) and the larger injectors you can be fine with the stock ECU. Just install a wideband and watch your AFR's, This is the same as the 2g MAF/560 injector setup in the 1g's. Works great. I ran like that for almost 2 years. Perfect afr's, car ran like stock but handled much more boost. Make sure you upgrade your FP too.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back