The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

evo 8 internals in a 2g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97cLyPsE

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 24, 2004
Salinas, California
ive searched and found no answers. out of curiosity, will the evo 8 4g63 bottom end internals fit inside of a 2g 4g63 block? if so, is there any benefit in replacing my bottom end with evo 8 internals? :dsm:

yeah man that wont work out for you. even thouh they are 4g63 motors, the crank and rods are diffrent...i do belive the pistions to. (dont quote me on that part) and even if it did work it would be better to just get a nice set of JE pistions, and and egale rods. and becides you can reliable make 400hp on the stock bottem end, as long as you have good tuning. ive seen as much ass 500 on a stock bettem end. I wouldnt be to worried about it unless your looking to make real good power. hope this helped man. :thumb: :dsm:

Even if it did work there is no point.

Your bottom end will make 400-500hp with good tuning as already stated. Want more, aftermarket pistons and rods in a 6 bolt bottom end will take you where ever you want to go. Putting stock components from another model in is retarded.

DSMJim said:
Even if it did work there is no point.

Your bottom end will make 400-500hp with good tuning as already stated. Want more, aftermarket pistons and rods in a 6 bolt bottom end will take you where ever you want to go. Putting stock components from another model in is retarded.
:tease: One point for Jim!

Evo 8 crank and rods are exactly the same as any 7 bolt made from 93-up. The pistons are tricked out and will work in a 2g motor. The only issue is the valve cutouts are reversed.

Putting stock components from another model in is retarded.
Funny how what was retarded 3 years ago is becoming more and more popular by the minute. Sort-of like Holset turbos....if someone said they were putting a HX40 on their car way back in 2002, they would've been laughed at by the majority.

whats the point? if your gonna pull your motor apart, put adtermarket stuff in. I dont see a point in putting stock parts back in. I mean yeah, there good, but why not go for better?

in the case of a 1g bottom end ptting evo pistons in is just like putting 2g pistons on same proccess with the different wrist pins diameters and whatnot. If your trying to put together a cheap bottom end you can buy used evo8 pistons for right around 50 bucks and bennefit from the bump in compression from 7.8 to 8.8 to 1 which is even higher than the 2g pistons at 8.5 to 1.

The EVO block wont work, but the internals will. Im using EVO pistons and rods in my 95 GSX and it runs a hell of lot better. There is another member on here that is using them to, his user name is gixrman :thumb:

The EVO block wont work, but the internals will. Im using EVO pistons and rods in my 95 GSX and it runs a hell of lot better. There is another member on here that is using them to, his user name is gixrman :thumb:

And you can pick them up CHEAP! You get the car tuned yet Edwin?

Oliver
[email protected]

Speaking of which....I've heard Slowboy no longer owns a Dyno. Care to enlighten?

Sure - payment was $2,200.00 a month, we billed $500.00 a month! Our business is heading in a little different direction and the "dyno" is not part of the master plan right now.

If we ever decide to jump back in - we will buy another one, but right now we are focussed on machine work and building motors... !!!

Hope this helps.

Mike Huml
Slowboy-

And you can pick them up CHEAP! You get the car tuned yet Edwin?

Oliver
[email protected]

Dam rite you can pick them up cheap, thanks to my salesman Oliver haha ROFL... As of right now the car is running fine, im still at stock boost. Maybe I should of picked up one of them SBR manual boost controllers to crank it up. One of these days ill take a ride down Indiana and pick up some goodies from you guys

Sure - payment was $2,200.00 a month, we billed $500.00 a month! Our business is heading in a little different direction and the "dyno" is not part of the master plan right now.
Ahh gotcha. That makes perfect sense.

I was just hoping your business wasn't going in a certain downward direction.

Hmm, From what I've come to understand the Evo8 shortblock will work, just turn it 180 degrees and put the 2g head on it... *ponders*.

Ahh gotcha. That makes perfect sense.

I was just hoping your business wasn't going in a certain downward direction.

Nope - all good, feeling the affects like everyone in this economy... but thats to be expected. Just hated loosing money - and like I said heading a different direction... not down, maybe south?

Rumors are awesome - and here I am spreading them... HEHE

Mike Huml
Slowboy -

Anyone have any info on the Evo8 CP Piston set? I can't find a whole lot about CP on the site, and tried a quick google search but found very little response. Are they reliable, are they worth $500+ ?

I know the Brian Crower 4g64 kit comes with CP pistons but that doesn't exactly confirm that they are really great for the DSM world.

Rumors are awesome - and here I am spreading them...
I wasn't trying to start a rumor, which is why I asked directly to SBR.

A very close friend of mine who's a customer of yours claimed he tried to schedule tuning time and he was told the Dyno was gone. Some other guys I know said they've been getting calls recently on any quote that they had at Slowboy in the past few months. Then the recent occurrance with DeJon posting a thread in the Vendor section saying "Our products are no longer sold by Slowboy Racing"....you could see why I thought there might be a problem.

I'm just a concerned DSMer. I didn't want to see a shop as big as yours go under after all of your hard work. If I were trying to start rumors I would've started a thread in the hangout section saying "Slowboy's going under!" as folks have been known to do.

I wasn't trying to start a rumor, which is why I asked directly to SBR.

A very close friend of mine who's a customer of yours claimed he tried to schedule tuning time and he was told the Dyno was gone. Some other guys I know said they've been getting calls recently on any quote that they had at Slowboy in the past few months. Then the recent occurrance with DeJon posting a thread in the Vendor section saying "Our products are no longer sold by Slowboy Racing"....you could see why I thought there might be a problem.

I'm just a concerned DSMer. I didn't want to see a shop as big as yours go under after all of your hard work. If I were trying to start rumors I would've started a thread in the hangout section saying "Slowboy's going under!" as folks have been known to do.

Coming to the "source" would be calling me or one of my guys.... not posting on a forum. :D Just a heads up.

Salesman following up on quotes (say it isn't so!) - that's salesmanship, 100% awesome and I am glad to hear they are doing their jobs! :thumb:

Dejon - we have sold less than 10k worth of their product this year - and yet it is the #1 returned product (hard to order, to many options, people do not like the "color"). Again, a business decision as made by the employees and I to keep customers happy. I like Dave, he is a great guy - his parts just do not fit where we are turning our focus for 2009 and beyond.

PS - a 70 million $ aftermarket company filed Bankruptcy in September.... you can bet tehre will be more to follow - people who sell luxuries are not in a good postion right now.

More stimulous checks coming - spend em!

Mike Huml
Slowboy -

Anyone have any info on the Evo8 CP Piston set? I can't find a whole lot about CP on the site, and tried a quick google search but found very little response. Are they reliable, are they worth $500+ ?

I know the Brian Crower 4g64 kit comes with CP pistons but that doesn't exactly confirm that they are really great for the DSM world.

PM Sent!

Oliver
[email protected]

Coming to the "source" would be calling me or one of my guys.... not posting on a forum. :D Just a heads up.
My apologies; I had no intent to offend. I had simply noticed that one of your employees was posting on the forums and I decided to ask. Think of it as a "conference call" or a call that was on speakerphone.

So what part of Florida are you moving to?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back