The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Installed my evo 8 front mount [Merged 7-8] ic intercooler fmic

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlip93tsi

Probationary Member
Sep 9, 2002
San_Diego_Ca.
If anyone out there has tried this; How hard is it to fit an EVO V Intercoler, and how much of a difference did it make?

First of all if I'm not mistaken, it's against the rules to bump threads on DSMTuners. Second of all, This topic comes up almost every other month here so I'm sure if you did a search you would find your answer :thumb:

i searched evo front mount on a 2g, and evo intercooler on 2g and found 2 threads.... sorry for bumping guys, i figured it was better to do that than start another thread. It was just an option, i think im either gonna do that or go super sidemount.

I just wanted to bump this thread up..see if there is any new news on this. I'm contemplating buying an evo 8 front mount off a guy for 150 bucks just wanted to see if its worth it

No not when you still need to get piping or you can get the big bad ass ssac for another 150 more shipped to your door.

Well im running an evo III 16g so i dont want anything too big that'll give me more lag...where can i get the ss kit at?

I've thought about doing something different that one of my friends had told me . Never tried it or thought of trying it. But why not spread this thought. As we all know that the turbo from the Evo sits backwards. Why not put the IC from the Evo backwards on our car? I'm not sure if any of you quite understand what I mean?

I just picked up a evo fmic for my talon. I need pics of how people did their intercooler piping for the hotside. I don't want to order the wrong pipes.
Thanks!

Btw, this is for my 2g.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Sorry, this is the best pic I could come up with <--- Not my car BTW. I would check out how Dejon routes their lower intercooler pipe for their front mounts. Probably your best bet :thumb: Hope it helps at all

Use a J-pipe. Cut it about 2 inches away from the flange and weld it so that the pipe goes the opposite way. Use an L-pipe to connect that to the last pipe that bends around and connects to the IC.

would a evo front mount intercooler work on my 2g fwd talon.. that would be the shit... if it did work would it take alot of modification to the IC piping? and where could I find one for cheap?.. just the stock one

Alot of people use the evo intercooler on there DSM. You can just use the core your going to have to fab up your own intercooler piping.

I've also seen it done. You can get one decently priced from an upgrading evo owner.

It wouldn't really be "the shit", but if you want a FMIC on the cheap it would fit the bill. However, if you want to spend some coin, there are other much better choices out there.

From what I've heard the EVO FMIC isn't really all that good to begin with. There's less expensive FMIC kits (SSAC comes to mind) which are designed for your car that come with piping...

I was thinking about going this route awhile ago, but I think that I might just go with a cheap ebay FMIC because evo intercoolers really aren't that cheap anymore. Last time I looked they were going for between 100 and 200- yes cheaper than some, but.... really worth messing around with those bent end tanks?

Hey guys, after alot of research on the forum I torn on this issue. The laser I bought already has the Supra side mount installed but he also gave me an Evo intercooler in the acquistion as well. That being said since I dont have to buy one I am wondering if its worth keeping the supra intercooler or spending the money on piping for the EVO. Havn't found any good comments on an Orlando based exhaust place to do this and I can't decide if I should just sell it and go with maybe a punishment racing setup. The car has stock turbo, full exhaust and a few other minor mods here and there. Any feedback appreciated. Thanks!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back