The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Evo 8 ECU in 1g DSM?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtysouthpinoy

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 28, 2004
San Diego, California
So I been reading people using Evo 8 ECUs in 2gs and now people are starting to put them in 1gs. Lucky me I obtained an Evo 8 ecu for free :D Now that people are unlocking the potential of the Evo 8 ECU with ecuflash launch control, antilag, speed density etc, plus its open source!

Now my question is I've looked everywhere for a specific HOW TO for the 1g and found nothing! I find bits and pieces of the how to on the setup in these threads.

Evo8 ECU in a 1G DSM in the works! - evolutionm.net
read all pages!

and

How To: Evo 8 ECU | Galant VR-4 > How To and Info Archive | GalantVR-4.org Mitsubishi Galant VR4 Forum

But I've read that Galant VR4 ECUs are different to the 1gs. Anyone have a how to they can post and the needed things to successfully run it in a 1g? AND YEAH I KNOW DSMLINK CAN DO THE SAME BLAH BLAH but I don't have a socketed EPROM ECU :cry: soo a free Evo8 ECU? Ima take advantage of it!

There isn't really a good How-To yet. I was searching for this stuff in the past. That EvoM thread is about the best one you have. They have some good diagrams/tables for how to make the harness.

What I did was i pulled apart an old ECU for the plug, and cut the plugs out of a mitsu car. That is how I got the plugs to make the harness. Then I just followed the diagram and soldered it all together.

I never got to finish though, had to sell the car.

Find OxDead on EvoM. He has done it already and is very knowledgeable.

I think OxDead got banned from Evom. Try looking for DanL on here.

If you read through the entire thread on EVOM all the info is there. You just have to dig a little to find everything. Its not all going to jump out at you in one post. I did the swap using that thread. Figuring out the all the tables and functions in ecuflash is where the learning curve is at.

Theres a couple of posts referring to a wiki and google docs. Look for those. And then double check the pinout diagrams. There were some tweaks that needed to be done and i dont think the posted pinout in the google docs was updated last i checked.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back