The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Evo 8 dash in 1gb install.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiomaster1990

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 23, 2009
Ocala, Florida
ok, so assuming you have already removed the stock dash, step one is to measure approx. 2 inches back from where the evo dash meets the windshield, and "skin" the dash a little past this point.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Next, you want to carefully mark lines all the way across the dash, making sure it is exactly 2 inches from the front all the way across. After you make the mark, take a hack saw, saw-zall, angle grinder, or prison shank, and carefully cut the 2 inch section you marked off. Truthfully, a heated plastic cutter would be the best thing.
Don't fret if the cut is not 1000% perfect, you will see why it doesn't have to be soon enough. I didn't take pics of either one of these steps, because 1 im a little slow, 2 my phone died, and 3 it started to monsoon where I live last night and I had to quit. But if it makes everyone feel better, I did set the dash in the car before it started to storm, and it fit way better. I will also get pics with my high res camera, cause I finally found it among all the boxes while unpacking some stuff. If the weather permits, that is.

i cannot find my schematics to save my life to cross reference anything. and they were on a huge sketch pad. like as big as posterboard.

evo dash swap, as well as everything else i have is up for sale. comes with full dash harness (obviously)

pm me people.

Running around trying to find a very definitive diagram was a pain. BUT with the help of a russian keyboard installed on my phone. Google translate through the phone then cross reference words with numbers on the web. A little math and,.... I got myself every car manual from 1960 to 2004. [/URL]

This gave me a good laugh haha.

And :thumb: to both of you on such a time consuming install. Looks good.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back