The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Evo 8-10 Brembo Calipers DSM Conversion (for 1g too)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just finished reading every post. Great job on the information guys! I have a 1gb, and I have the Evo X Brembos. Is there any further information on the Brembo rear dual caliper for an emergency brake? I would like some information on a possible bracket. This is the route that I want to pursue. I have only seen pics of the install with no details or dimension. I am considering the stock caliper or the Wilwood caliper. I have to check the spec on the diameter of the opening for the Wilwood caliper to see if it is compatible.

Of the top of my head, if you really wanted to you could figure out a way to retain the rear's and have an e brake option; but it would more than likely raise the cost of your conversion.

You could "make" your own e-brake with some store parts and creativity see this link to understand what i mean.

http://www.asdmotorsports.com/product/16-pull-back-e-brake/

I have looked into a hydraulic ebrake, but many manufacturers recommend them not to be used as an actual parking/emergency brake for extended periods of time. I even did research in line locks and came up with the same information. It appears to be a bleeding-by issue. I even considered a rotor/caliper setup on the flange of the rear differential, like big 4x4 trucks. I just don't want to knick the rotor on a speed bump and destroy my driveline because of a bind.

I mean, really, if you're really concerned about having a parking brake then that's probably going to be the most cost effective solution outside of selling the Evo X Brembos and picking up a set of the Evo VIII/IX.

The problem sill remains with the Evo IX setup. I have been thinking about just making a template does a backing plate that another caliper can mount to. I have seen some different setups on many other makes. This summer I will do it, because I'm loaded in nursing school right now. I don't even have time to breathe. I appreciate your responses.

You're right, didn't realize you're in a 1g. Shouldn't be posting so early on a Saturday...

Why no upgrade the fronts, sell the rears to a 2g owner, and use the extra money to buy a set of rear brakes (if that's important to you) that allows you to retain the OE parking brake?

I have the full front and rear set (calipers, rotors, pads, lines and hardware) that I picked up from Miller import parts. I went with the Evo X, because of the greater heat dissipation. I am in Chattanooga, Tennessee for school, so I want to terrorize the tail of the Dragon. It's a really fun road from what I have heard. Apparently, it has 318 turns, so that's a lot of potential for boiling brake fluid. I try to over build for the assurance.

Guys I'm using JDM knuckles and evo8 brakes. Does anyone know where can I buy abs sensors for the front knuckles?

Thanks

Do the 2g guys with abs use the same 3g master cylinder as non-abs guys are using? I want to make sure I order the right part, I couldn’t find a definitive answer in the thread.

I'm curious, is that 1g with the 3KGT rear trailing arm and functional E-brake?

It very well could be. Doing that on mine right now. The 3kgt vr4 and 1g rear trailing arms are almost identical. The evo 8 rear caliper bolts right up and retains the e-brake which is in the top hat of the rotor separate from the caliper. 3kgt vr4 ebrake cables work with no modification. The ball joints shafts are a bit thicker but same pitch, very easy to do the toe eliminate kit. Not sure which rotors to use yet and on mine I cut off the lower shock mounts from the 3kgt and welded on the 1g lower shock mounts so I don't have to mess around with finding different shocks that work.

Supercar Engineering sells an adapter to use EVO style rear shocks. For those that may want to do this without welding.

Sorry for no responds. I was on vacation. Yes it is 3kgt rear arms but severely modified. Upper and lower arms were also moded. Axles also moded. Backing plates moded. Prettt much everything was moded. Even the sway bar. I will be doing Evo suspension swap with adapters but right now I have oem 3kgt shocks.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Attachments

• IMG_1348.JPG
    IMG_1348.JPG
    282.6 KB · Views: 113

Attachments

• IMG_1377.JPG
    IMG_1377.JPG
    560.5 KB · Views: 111
Still need to do hydraulics and alignment for the time being. We will see where we stand once I set the toe. Pretty much for the most part everything is figured out. I spend about 1 1/2 years on collecting parts and research and development. And I do have a life outside of dsm so that also why it's takin so long. Once everything will be done I will create a thread with all the info. First I need to know that everything will work.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back