The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

EVO 7/8/9 Manifolds

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ravewolf

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 16, 2009
Raton, New_Mexico
Is it possible to put a newer evo manifold on a 1st or 2ng gen DSM? I would rather use a performance one instead of cutting up a stock on, since my project needs the TB on the other side like on the mighty max.

I will just add this I had a t3 manifold for an evo, and when I mocked it up on my block the turbine housing would have had to be inside the block to clear. since there intake(filter not manifold) is on the opposite side there turbine inlet flange is on the block side were as ours is out on the radiator side. This was t3 not stock twinscroll manifolds not sure what your looking for.

I think you mean exhaust manifold. I meant to say intake manifold. I'm curious if the bolt pattern is the same.even though the engines are opposite.

Does anyone have a side by side comparison by chance?

It would have to be modified. The injector bosses are on the intake manifolds on the evos as opposed to being on the head like the dsms. So they would need to be cut off/welded and then it needs to be resurfaced. Besides that, the flanges are mirrored so egr needs to be plugged in the head and the manifold side "might" have to be cut off for timing belt clearance.

He needs it for a rwd application, hence, evo 7/8/9.

The thing I see a lot of people do is to get the evo 3 parts. The evo 7,8,9 blocks are not identical to the earlier blocks so it would not be highly recommended to try it.

That looks awesome! I was unable to find it on their website now though. If you find the link, I'd like to check it out.

Its a custom piece, you'll probably have to call them for it. Everything that needs to be done to a stock evo intake manifold has been said i post #5.

There was a thread on talk "4g63 swap into 240sx" with the process but the pics are current down.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info guys. I'm sure some of you saw my other post,so this would be going into my bug. I know another guy on here mounted a 4g in his beetle,but he left it all stock. My line of thinking is if I can flip the intake around (facing backwards),I can make the install cleaner.

Have you thought of cutting off the throttle body flang of the stock manifold, cap that end up and weld the flang on the other end?
I have,and I may have to do that after all.

or you could always go a lil further like jayrome did and put a 7/8/9 head on a 1g block. couple coolant holes to weld shut and then mill it. then you get a newer evo head, cams, IM, turbo setup..., its a pretty legit way to get some sick upgrades for the 1g/2g block and use it for RWD instead of worrying about the evo block.

HERE is the thread. jay doesnt seem to post much anymore, but i picked his brain a couple times, and his mods are pretty out there, but completely awesome.

you could also score the same type of head off a later kia optima 2.0. there are slight differences, but at a junk yard itd be cheap and all the same parts bolt on essentiall, just like the hyundai heads we all lust after. google "kia head same as evo" and youll get alot of threads on that.

edit- i should add that youd want to use a 2g manifold on it, but then you run into the fuel injector boss issue again. some creative machining would take care of it.

or just stick with your original idea, and use the evo manifold. looks like the bolt pattern is similar but the egr is on the opposite end. once again, not an issue if you delete it, just weld the inj. holes in the manifold up or use them for a second rail for extreme power.. LOL

Last edited:
I simple and cheap is to use a band saw cut either the stock 2g or evo intake manifold plenium off and fabricate an sheet metal intake plenium onto factory runners

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back