The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

EVO 3 Transmission help, PLEASE!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheRippedNerd

Proven Member
May 1, 2021
Denver, Colorado
So my evo 3 transmission has taken a crap, im 99% sure that the transmission fork for 1st/2nd gear is bent and the 3rd and 5th synchro's are going out (it grinds when rpm's are high) but apparently alot of shops near me dont work on these evo transmissions since parts are impossible to find. so frankly, im screwed.

what other transmission from 2g's will work with the evo 3? or will anything else work at all? or am i screwed and have to wait till some miracle event takes place and someone parts with theirs's and i can snag their trans?
I'm desperate, please help
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

not sure if it matters or not but im located in Denver, Colorado. willing to ship off trans if i have to

TMZ performance
Many parts are shared between evo3 and dsm. Evo3 isn't it's own separate trans. What you're talking about seems very fixable.

It is highly unlikely you bent a shift fork being it is a steel shift fork and not prone to that type of failure. You likely have something else going on in the trans.

As for working on it, I have the ability to do so. My email is [email protected] -- www.tmzperformance.com

It is highly unlikely you bent a shift fork being it is a steel shift fork and not prone to that type of failure. You likely have something else going on in the trans.

As for working on it, I have the ability to do so. My email is [email protected] -- www.tmzperformance.com
Haha hey Tim, I was the one last week who emailed you about this LOL my name is Justin Glass, I actually sent you an email like 20min ago in reply to what you sent me!

Haha hey Tim, I was the one last week who emailed you about this LOL my name is Justin Glass, I actually sent you an email like 20min ago in reply to what you sent me!
Yup ok I got the email and responded. If you send it in, I can get it torn down and see what we are all dealing with, and what it really needs to be repaired.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back